New bill stopping ma for 2008

Ma’s enemy is himself, the DPP just use his recent gaffes, as they should.

Because they are entitled as all Hoklo should be on Taiwan.

When is the indictments coming down for the DPP’s big 4? Soon? :smiley:
That’s some huge cookie jar. :astonished:

If they’re going to start saying the being a corrupt moneygrabbing megalomaniac is a bar to being the president of Taiwan, then who on earth will be able to run?

The PFP’s blackmail worked and they got just what they wanted - KMT agreement that they’ll get a good share of safe blue seats.

Alas, now we won’t see the elimination of the PFP from the next legislature, as we’d had such high hopes for before.

so nice to see that the old guys still know how not to loose their places…

Oh, don’t worry. I;m sure the KMT will honor the agreement just as they did in Keelung – where they betrayed the PFP and now the Blues have two candidates. I don’t think the good guys will win, but at least it shows how the PFP and the KMT will get along.

Actually, I suspect the shrinking legislature has put the brakes on the KMT’s absorption of PFP members. The KMT now has too many people spoiling for seats, and they don’t need more. Grumbling among the southern legislators is widespread. I’m hoping that the KMT’s increasingly Deep Blue stance will alienate the Taiwanese KMT even more, and we can see some local level defections. We definitely need a strong showing in the legislative elections in december, though.

So Omni, I think we will see the dissolution of the PFP over time, because it can’t exist without the KMT’s say so, and the KMT doesn’t need it anymore. It’s one thing to promise those 5 PFP guys seats, but quite another to let them actually have them. Betrayal is in the air.

Of course, everything could change depending on what the canny James Soong does.

Vorkosigan

I thought it was love in the air…

I’m surprise the KMT haven’t put up a bill to bar any individual that have been convicted of a crime and served jail time from becoming president. It would knock 1/2 of the DPP leadership from qualifying for the position.

… Unless it was later proven that they were accused on trumped up charges during martial law.

I would say that if they merely bar people for say 10 years after a corruption conviction, that will do.