New Desktop w/English...yes I "searched"

I need a new comp, and went to Taipei, NOVA, and the salesman said that they didn’t have a way to install an English version of Windows on the comp. I checked here, and others have seemed to have better luck. Was I just unlucky, or was it because the shop was not a major pre-made comp joint (IBM, HP, ACER)? Any suggestions?

I’ve heard that most PC sales outfits will no longer install an unlicensed copy, but if you’re willing to shell out the bucks for a legit copy, a lot of places will have the English version to sell you. So it sounds like you were just unlucky re: the latter. But I’m pretty ignorant about this stuff, so don’t give my post much weight. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are building your own computer, there are some software shops on BaDe Street that sell the English OEM and retail versions of XP and Vista. I have seen other posts recently that give the exact address.

When I recently built my computer, I bought my hardware from several different shops, and purchased Vista separately. Legit English versions are definitely available in Taiwan.

I got a real copy of both Vista and XP when I built computers here, and XP on the Acer Ferrari 3400 laptop I bought (but I had to wait). I went to the computer market on Bada also. They can get it but might have to order it and you wait a day or two. The Vista guy even shipped it to me in ChaiYi!

I like this store: #66 Bada. Called ._NT (Newton but you cant see that in English?) 紐頓
Ask for Bobo (high fashion girl can speech English)

Bade rd.is the place to be. A Hp PC can directly be installed with an ENG OS if they have stock. Acer / Asus / no can do as they normally have no agreements with MS Taiwan for english local licenses.

Acer quite happily exchanged my Chinese XP CDs for the English versions for my laptop.

Acer quite happily exchanged my Chinese XP CDs for the English versions for my laptop.[/quote]
And so did Asus for mine.

Acer quite happily exchanged my Chinese XP CDs for the English versions for my laptop.[/quote]
And so did Asus for mine.[/quote]

thanks for the update guys. Thought they did not. Sorry.