New English Web Radio Station

According to the TT:

The final nail in the coffin of ICRT?

I think this is their website: ohzone.org/program.php

“All English, All The Time” he he he

I don’t see any local news though. That’s what I need, Taiwan issues in English. I can already find American news in English.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I think this is their website: ohzone.org/program.php

I don’t see any local news though. That’s what I need, Taiwan issues in English. I can already find American news in English.[/quote]

Well, I want to know what the young hepcats are listening too while they smoke maryjuanaaaa and plot revolution on the green campuses of America. I know what’s going on here. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s only web radio I don’t see the point. I can already listen to 1000s of radio stations online from all over the world. How’s this one any different?

That occured to me too. It’s like hey, let us bring the Internet to you. :laughing:

Maybe it’s more of a portal type thing for music.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I think this is their website: ohzone.org/program.php

I don’t see any local news though. That’s what I need, Taiwan issues in English. I can already find American news in English.[/quote]

Yes, I’m wondering if there will be any Taiwan-related input at all. If not, then the fact that this is based in Taiwan is fairly irrelevant. I already listen to English-content radio online.

I also think it would really need to broadcast over FM to affect ICRT.

Over what?

That occured to me too. It’s like hey, let us bring the Internet to you. :laughing:

Maybe it’s more of a portal type thing for music.[/quote]

Well, rumor has it that the Internet is available on computers now. What will they think of next? :smiley:

Over what?[/quote]

You young whippersnappers have it too easy what with all your computers and “interweb” stuff and all.

Looks commercial enterprise with readily available content that someone is compiling into a webpage to make it appear to be Taiwan specific. Merely using “radio” as marketing to get people to the website. They will be trying to make money off it. Not a bad idea as others are doing the same with other resources.

The website has a “Community Calender”.

Sad the AIT didn’t do a bit more research before they promote something. It isn’t as advertised. It is merely a commerical webpage with pointers towards internet broadcasts.

I wonder if it is even legal to use the university radio stations for income purposes and if their consent is needed or has been obtained.

[quote]Your window onto the overseas campus[/quote] :s

[quote=“Mucha Man”]
The final nail in the coffin of ICRT?[/quote]

Why? ICRT is doing a fine job serving the Taiwanese learning English market. It does this because it is more profitable than making programs for foreigners.

It would be good if the government could fund a radio station for all the foreign community in Taiwan, including speakers of languages other than English.

I already have a subscription to XM online which is English and isn’t shit.

http://www.siriusxm.com XM202 FTW.

Great! Perhaps a real all English Taiwan radio station with a local person. The trouble is, typhoon or power outage, we’re stuck with ICRT. Unless…hmmm the telephone usually survives power outages. Has anyone powered up their router and modem on battery power?