🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

Fun fact:

I contacted Ikea via email and Twitter 4 years ago asking to support the old ARC ID number. Even contacted their HQ in Sweden. I got zero responses.

6 Likes

Here are all the entities (so far) I had to go and waste time at to change #:

1. 1 telecom operator
  2. 2 banks and the accounts there
  3. 1 local bank that is my credit card issuer
  4. 1 local securities broker (where stock account is to buy local shares)

Here are the ones that are really out of the ordinary and won’t know until told by #4 much later (because it doesn’t know everything to do for a new #):

1. è‚Ąć‹™ä»Łç†: basically a stock agent (it too is a securities broker); it is unrelated to the brokerage account in #4 above (even if same company, but different department); it handles stock dividends/cash dividends, shareholders’ voting, etc. on behalf of any stock you own in your brokerage account. So, if you own multiple stocks, you may have multiple stock agents. You have to find out its/their address from your local broker (#4 above) and go to that agent to show new card # and fill out a few more forms; if you do Not, you will Not get cash dividends (or maybe even shares) sent/wired directly to your #4 bank account that is connected to securities account; I got a personal check (a big one in fact), because my # changed, but the listed firm I hold shares of issued a cash dividend and the stock agent did Not have my new #; so, it mailed me that check. Had to deposit it into that bank account linked to #4 (can actually deposit into any bank account, I am guessing). The counterperson at bank said it takes 5 working days! slow polks. I asked why. Said something about verification. Guess someone rides a bicycle with the check to the other entity to verify the check is good.

2. Taiwan Stock Exchange: Yes, the same one that you trade any of your shares that you own. It too must know your new #. Had to do another trip to brokerage account (#4), because they had that missing document to file with the exchange.

3. If you have open work rights and multiple customers who report your income to tax bureau, then you have to notify them all as well, although probably can still be linked through passport #.

I am not holding my breath for any other big institutions, because still could not buy HSR tickets online with new # right after I got it. Had to use passport #.

7 Likes

The new Taipei “stimulus coupons” do not accept the new ID number:

https://tpservice.gov.taipei/

4 Likes

Don’t know what stimulus coupons these are, but surely you don’t get them as a dirty foreigner anyway?

You can get the Taipei Pass stimulus coupons in your home country anyway, yeah? It wouldn’t be fair to the good taxpayers of Taipei if you were to double dip.

1 Like

You can register for Taipei Pass and use that for the voucher sign up. One does not have to reside in Taipei to sign up for it.

You can do it even easier trough the Taipei Pass app.

1 Like

Have you been able to do that successfully?

For me, the login on the website using the QR code does not work - I just get redirected to the front page again.

The app just keeps showing this error message (I have tried more than 10 times yesterday at different times and again today in the morning):

And the iBon machine at 711 got stuck when I tried to register there

1 Like

I used the app to sign up.

Just tried logging in to the website using QR code and it worked.

Do you have a new ID Number?
Did you use an English name or Chinese name to register?

Yes

English name

So register for Taipei Pass first (I remember it took a day or so for them to verify my data). Then just login using Taipei Pass and all your data will be shared with the voucher website. Or use the app to apply for the vouchers.

1 Like

Yeah - except this doesn’t work for me. I can “login” using the QR code, but then when I try to register for the vouchers, I get redirected to the login selection again. Tried with Chrome and Firefox - same result.

And the app always shows the too many people message.

Leave them some feedback through the app.

We can wait for more people here to try signing up for the vouchers. Not clear why Taipei Pass workaround does not work for you.

1 Like

Vespa Taiwan

Only accepts Taiwan national ID card for registration. No new or old ARC accepted.

1 Like

They have more problems than just ARC. I mean. Justin Bieber clearly has been photographed defiling the scooter!

1 Like

So the other login options besides Taipei Pass do a validation and have 1 or 2 requirement for gender [/^[a-zA-Z][12]\d{8}$/] → Taiwanese nationals only

idNo: function(t) {
    return !!/^[a-zA-Z][12]\d{8}$/.test(t) && function(t) {
        let r = "ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVXYWZIO".indexOf(t.toUpperCase().charAt(0)) + 10,
            n = 0;
        return n = Math.floor(r / 10) + r % 10 * 9 + 8 * (t.charAt(1) - "0") + 7 * (t.charAt(2) - "0") + 6 * (t.charAt(3) - "0") + 5 * (t.charAt(4) - "0") + 4 * (t.charAt(5) - "0") + 3 * (t.charAt(6) - "0") + 2 * (t.charAt(7) - "0") + 1 * (t.charAt(8) - "0") + (t.charAt(9) - "0"), n % 10 == 0
    }(t)
}

https://id.taipei/isso/resources/static/js/module/index.e2add823.js

It does not make sense, since the logins using FIDO (second option) supports foreign residents.

The last two options require card reader and I can not test them right now.

2 Likes

It’s funny as Bieber likely wouldn’t be caught dead on a Vespa.

1 Like

That outcome would likely make some folks’ Christmas.

It would be more likely to sell if it wasn’t so white. A few dents, an inch of dirt, plus a couple of key scratch marks and they might shift a few.

Taipei pass registration via phone number doesn’t work for new foreigner ID card format.

3 Likes

You haven’t redacted enough of that screenshot.

I now know that you’re registered in New Taipei (I knew that anyway, or at least that you live there), that you were born in the 1900s, and that your mobile number begins with zero. Time to start stealing your identity. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Come at me bro

1 Like