New Gay Novel on Tapastic

A friend of mine is really trying to do something inspiring and is afraid that not many people might be accepting of her work. I hope that you guys can check it out. Thanks!
https://tapas.io/series/Life-Sentence

Are Kacey and Melomy native speakers of English? The quality of the English is so bad that it distracts the reader’s attention away from the story. This novel is screaming for the attention of a competent editor.

I don’t understand why it’s described as a gay novel? That’s like saying it’s a fat person novel, or a white person novel, or an old person novel, or a handicapped person novel…

Isn’t it just a novel? Or maybe it’s only meant for gay people?

All sounding a bit discrimatory anyway just not sure if discriminating against non gay people or against gay people.

I always like to read happy stories before bedtime.ill check it out.

It’s a gay thing. You wouldn’t understand. :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks so much for your feedback. I am so sorry, I did not intend to offend. I honestly do not like to put labels on things either- But I also felt the need to ‘warn’ possible readers as I know that this is a sensitive topic. They had the option of pointing out that it is ‘gay-themed’ so to speak, but they didn’t want to because as far as they are concerned. It is just romance, and I agree. So forgive my poor choice of words.

Hi there, thanks so much for your feedback. I will be sure to tell them (In a much nicer way of course!) lol. They had to write Life Sentence in 24 hours so I assume they did not have ample time. But what I do know is that they are not familiar with American English(They are familiar Brittish English) and had to write the novel in this way which may cause 'some
’ problems. As it regards how poorly written it is, maybe you can provide some clarity that I may pass on? Thanks

I was thinking less in terms of American or British English and more in terms of grammatical English. I don’t consider myself a grammar Nazi, but when the grammar is so bad that it distracts from the story, it’s time to invest in a grammar reference. Then again, the novel is free, so I guess you get what you pay for. But seriously, maybe you can help them out by teaching them the basic rules of capitalization. You gotta start somewhere.

Ah! I see what you’re saying. It’s just morning here so I’ll give them a call. Hmm, let’s see what can be done. But I don;t want to seem too bossy because I am no writer and I don’t know the pressures of writing :frowning: but maybe I can help. Thanks so much for your help. I really want to help them out because it was difficult enough for them coming out and doing this lol