New Income Requirements for APRC Applicants (Aug. 2008)

[quote=“A-ha”]Nevermind what the hospital says, the stool sample thing is required by the NIA and is part of the “Type B” medical exam.[/quote]That’s correct. I’m American and I needed to provide a stool sample for my APRC application as well as the three other North Americans I assisted. Ignore the hospital, follow the NIA. Besides, need it or not, just take a dump and put it into a jar! It’s fun! :sunglasses:

Come on Shini, make me a little stool! :roflmao:

Tell me at least I can bring home a bottle and bring it back in. I can’t poop on demand!

[quote=“shini”]Tell me at least I can bring home a bottle and bring it back in. I can’t poop on demand![/quote]Sorry. Unless anyone else can testify differently, they require you to provide the specimen in person. If you can’t take care of business at the time you do the other medical tests, you can always come back after a nice big lunch!

Squat and drop, baby!

Sterilize a jar and take one with you. No one will know the difference.

I’ve always been allowed to take the bottle home and return it at a later date. Demanding that a person poop right then and there is ridiculous. :loco:

They have a little bubble full of oil to, ehem, assist you on that matter. 20 nts.

[quote=“funkymonkey”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Unless anyone else can testify differently, they require you to provide the specimen in person.[/quote]I’ve always been allowed to take the bottle home and return it at a later date. Demanding that a person poop right then and there is ridiculous. :loco:[/quote]Actually, it’s not ridiculous. They are required to take a stool sample from you that is verifiably yours. The only way to reasonably make sure it’s yours is to have you do it there at the time of your medical test. Otherwise an applicant could fake a stool sample and provide someone else’s in order to pass the medical exam.

Case in point. A friend of mine was applying for the APRC, had already gone through the pain of the FBI background check, and all the other procedures for applying for the APRC. All that remained was the medical test. He failed it, due to being infected with some type of intestinal parasite which he got here in Taiwan! The medical regimen to completely kill this intenstinal parasite and be able to pass the medical exam was 3 months! That would have rendered all of his documents for the APRC as invalid and would have required him to apply for another FBI background check, et al. The amount of time, money, and overall hassle that this would have caused was unbearable not to mention he was eager to get the APRC and divorce his bitch of a wife. So, I shit in a zip lock bag, gave it to him, he put it into his pocket and went to a different hospital for the medical check and surreptitiously submitted my stool sample instead of providing his own. He passed the medical check, got his APRC, Open-Work Permit, divorced his wife, and to this day he endearingly calls me “shitbag”! Did I do anything wrong? You bet I did. I helped my friend fake his medical test in order to fraudulently get his APRC. :no-no:

So, how about the urine tests or blood tests? Is it ridiculous to demand an applicant provide it to the medical technicians in person? How about if they give us vials to take home and provide the samples at a later date? Dope users can give the urine vial to me and I can provide them with “clean” urine so they can pass the medical exam. People with HIV can use my blood and submit it to pass the medical exam, too.

:laughing: Asking anyone to crap on demand is ridiculous. The ONLY way they could make sure it is yours is to watch you do it… :loco:

Are you seriously comparing a urine or blood test (both easily attainable) with a stool sample? :roflmao:

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]So, how about the urine tests or blood tests? Is it ridiculous to demand an applicant provide it to the medical technicians in person? How about if they give us vials to take home and provide the samples at a later date? Dope users can give the urine vial to me and I can provide them with “clean” urine so they can pass the medical exam. People with HIV can use my blood and submit it to pass the medical exam, too.[/quote]An easier way is just to pass your papers off as you move form station to station to the smurf who will pass it for you. I’m not sure what is more shocking NC; you shitting in a bag or admitting to what seems to be a felony. :ponder: :roflmao:

[quote=“funkymonkey”]Are you seriously comparing a urine or blood test (both easily attainable) with a stool sample? :roflmao:[/quote]Sure. Why not. A stool sample is just as easy to obtain as a blood or urine sample, and just as important as a blood or urine test as it pertains to passing the medical exam and getting your APRC!

At least dumping on command is easy for me to accomplish. Hmmm…maybe I’m just a big shitter! :roflmao:

[quote=“Okami”]I’m not sure what is more shocking NC; you shitting in a bag or admitting to what seems to be a felony. :ponder: :roflmao:[/quote]Hmmm…Felonious bag shitting. Sounds serious! :roflmao:

I get your name now. NCS=need clean shit.

Horrible joke but I’m procrastinating at the moment

I was thinking North Coast Shitter haha :smiley:

I have a whole new respect for you. You’re quite the friend. Felonious as you may be ;D

Gotta love a good poop thread.

Today i’ve went to RenAi Hospital to solve this poop confusion.
Story was very similar to Icon’s. The woman who deals with health examination in RenAi hospital insisted that i don’t need this check. So, i’ve called NIA (the phone from which they called my wife. It turned out higher level of NIA than Banqiao’s). So they talked each other and finally NIA agreed that i don’t need this check. To make sure, i’ve went to TPE County NIA in Banqiao. The lady there wasn’t aware of problems in my health check. But she is very kind and helpful (unlike other officials). She’s checked with higher NIA office to make sure that all my papers now are ok.

key-word for thread: iPod - i poop on demand :wink:

[quote=“tairus”]Today I’ve went to Ren’ai Hospital to solve this poop confusion.
Story was very similar to Icon’s. The woman who deals with health examination in Ren’ai hospital insisted that I don’t need this check. So, I’ve called NIA (the phone from which they called my wife. It turned out higher level of NIA than Banqiao’s). So they talked each other and finally NIA agreed that I don’t need this check. To make sure, I’ve went to TPE County NIA in Banqiao. The lady there wasn’t aware of problems in my health check. But she is very kind and helpful (unlike other officials). She’s checked with higher NIA office to make sure that all my papers now are ok.[/quote]

:laughing: More phone ping pong between NIA and hospitals. Oh well, all’s well that ends well.

As per the friggin’ paper they gave me:

Other interesting notes (copied verbatim, so … enjoy):

[quote]This is a form is for residence application.

A child under six years old is not necessary to have laboratory examination, but the certificate of vaccination is necessary. Child age one and above should get at least one dose of measles and rubella vaccines.

A pregnant woamn or a child under 12 years old is not necessary to have chest X-ray examination.

A child under 15 years old is not necessary to have Serological Test for HIV or Syphilis.[/quote]

The rest I will add to the medical exam thread… when I have the time.

My passport is from the UK, but I don’t live in any of those places. I live in Taiwan. /shrug

I had to give a stool sample for my APRC.

[quote=“Icon”]

Other interesting notes (copied verbatim, so … enjoy):

I had to tell the people at the hospital this and point them to the writing on their own pink piece of paper when they insisted that a little boy in front of me needed to get tested for HIV and were about to send him and his family on another circuit of the hospital.

that means “foreigner from that countries”. Not where you actually live.
They check country issued the passport.
I believe UK is also in exempt list. RenAi hospital has more detal list with all countries (instead of bare “Europe”)

North Coast…U said in ur above post:

1. You no longer need to show your official tax certificates for the past 3 years before applying for the APRC. Now, you only need to show your official tax certificate for the past 1 year before applying. So, if you apply in 2010, you will only need to show the official tax certificate for 2009! Keep in mind that you won’t be able to apply before May 2010 because the taxes for 2009 won’t have been filed and the official income tax certificates required won’t be available, yet.

The first part is true U no longer need the past 3 yrs Tax certificates…and infact U dont need any. They will do that part totally. So this part does not apply at all and doesnt have to be considered at all. Im quoting the Ban Ciao office rules so meaning Taipei county…maybe U meant for Taipei city.

Also the Nonwithholding forms are released roughly Feb of each year…maybe earlier if the account is on the ball. So I think the earliest is probably Mid to late Feb. of the year U are applying , if uve prepared all the other paper work that is.

[quote=“raja”]North Coast…U said in ur above post:

1. You no longer need to show your official tax certificates for the past 3 years before applying for the APRC. Now, you only need to show your official tax certificate for the past 1 year before applying. So, if you apply in 2010, you will only need to show the official tax certificate for 2009! Keep in mind that you won’t be able to apply before May 2010 because the taxes for 2009 won’t have been filed and the official income tax certificates required won’t be available, yet.

The first part is true U no longer need the past 3 yrs Tax certificates…and infact U dont need any. They will do that part totally. So this part does not apply at all and doesnt have to be considered at all. Im quoting the Ban Ciao office rules so meaning Taipei county…maybe U meant for Taipei city.

Also the Nonwithholding forms are released roughly Feb of each year…maybe earlier if the account is on the ball. So I think the earliest is probably Mid to late Feb. of the year U are applying , if uve prepared all the other paper work that is.[/quote]That’s correct. You don’t even need to wait for the official blue tax forms to post as long as you have your company’s white income and withholding statement. You’re paying attention to the most recent changes. Good! :bravo:

Now, go get your APRC and join the freedom club! :sunglasses:

[quote=“The illustrius Icon on January 18, 2010”]Guys, you know the white receipt thinghy they give you to do your taxes? That’s the one they are asking for, not the blue one on top of this page. We present the one directly from our employers, a Salary Certificate or a Withholding and Non Withholding tax statement. Tax office stuff is not needed anymore- they say they’ll get it themselves, now that NIA and taxes are fully interconnected.

My paper says Withholding and Non Withholding tax statement.

I asked them to do it sooner for me, but actually, they presented all of us with teh same stuff a couple days later. Maybe you gusy can ask your own companies or get some sort of slaary disclosure.[/quote]