New Income Requirements for APRC Applicants (Aug. 2008)

She should be worried as many costs are not covered. Not having private insurance is not a good idea. Better to pay for it and savea bundle later on if you really need it to pay for medical bills.

When my son was born nearly 19 years ago we had no NHI so I had to pay for a private clinic. The costs arent so bad back then I think we spent about NT$30,000 for a birth and a few days post birth care, with no complications. No C section either.

Today i’ve brought all required documents to Banqiao’s NIA and filled form for APRC (based on JFRV ARC) application. Lady said that it will take 1 or 2 months. I will get letter notifying the result.
Can anybody tell me about further procedure of APRC application?
Do i need to expect some interview to me and wife? I didn’t notify wife about APRC application because our marriage is not going well. As Northcoast Surfer said, it’s possible that she would like to have some “revenge” while divorcing.
Are those 1-2 months waiting is for result or will i get result earlier and will need to wait some formal (un-stopable) processing later? Being unaware of result up to 2 month will kill me!
Will they request for NT$10000 fee for APRC at the end of those 1-2 month period right before they will give me APRC?
Sorry, couldn’t ask everything from that lady because she were looked very busy (other people waited something from her).

The lady will call you -Ms. Chou or Ms. Chen- when they are done checking your paperwork. Id something is missing/incomplete, they’ll let you know.

Did you sign all copies? Did she go over with you that all paperwork was there? Then you shouldn’t have to worry and just wait. It should be done sooner than two months.

Next call should be to go and pay and then you wait there about an hour or two to get your new ID. Everything should be fine.

Sorry to hear about your marriage. Hope still there will be peace.

Yep, she’s checked everything and i’ve signed all copies.
By strange mistake according to their computer i’ve left taiwan in 2005 and came back on 2007 which is untrue. She said this when i first time came to check if i’m eligible for APRC. I’ve prooved that i had ARC and reentry permit in passport and entry/exit stamps. Then she agreed and sad i’m eligible.
After i’ve finished to gather all documents and came again to finish application, she again said that i was absent those 2 years. And again i’ve showed that i had ARC and reentry permit. Even by her another database with entry-exit records it clearly shown that i was in Taiwan more than 300 days per last 5 years.
Looks like there is some mess in their records. I only hope another people who will check my papers these 1-2 months will get it right…

dont worry i had a similar problem too…i had an old passport that had not expired but did not have any more empty pages in it so i had an additional booklet attached to the passport ( of coruse this was one of the stupid things about my earlier country of origin )…

now this booklet too had a number that looked like a passport no and the guys at the airport kept keying in this number and not my actual passport number…so when i applied for my APRC I got the reply that I have not lived in Taiwan for 2 yrs…i just gave them copies of my tax certificate for those two years and did not utter a single word…got a call the next day saying sorry it was a mix up from our side…

it should not be a problem as long as u have solid proof in hand…wish u all the best!!!

[quote=“tairus”]Today i’ve brought all required documents to Banqiao’s NIA and filled form for APRC (based on JFRV ARC) application. Lady said that it will take 1 or 2 months. I will get letter notifying the result.[/quote]Congratulations. :bravo:

[quote=“tairus”]Can anybody tell me about further procedure of APRC application?[/quote]That’s it. You submitted your application to the NIA officer, she accepted your package, now you just need to wait.

[quote=“tairus”]Do i need to expect some interview to me and wife?[/quote]Nobody I knew ever had to have an interview with their spouse for the APRC application. I suggest you send a PM to spaint because he was in a similar situation to you when applying for the APRC while his marriage was on the outs and he was also afraid that the NIA would require an interview with his wife, too. In the end, the interview was unnecessary for him, and he got his APRC without problems. Here’s the original thread where he talked about it.

JFRV to APRC - Spousal Interview (without Spouse)

[quote=“tairus”]Are those 1-2 months waiting is for result or will i get result earlier and will need to wait some formal (un-stopable) processing later? Being unaware of result up to 2 month will kill me![/quote]No, it won’t kill you. For every APRC I worked on, the time frame from submission to approval was less than 2 months. The NIA have internal time processing requirements and the two months are the longest time they have to process the applications. The average waiting time is about one month, but one of my friend’s was completed in just two weeks after it was submitted!

[quote=“tairus”]Will they request for NT$10000 fee for APRC at the end of those 1-2 month period right before they will give me APRC?[/quote]There will be no “request”. You will be REQUIRED to pay the APRC fee after you have received notification that your APRC has been approved. You walk in, pay the $10,000, they give you your APRC, and you walk out a free man.

Your next stop after that will be the BEVT in order to apply for your Open-Work Permit. See this link for more information.

Open-Work Permit Application Procedures - Step by step

For now, take a chill pill, relax,
and wait for the good news.
:bow:

Don’t worry Tairus! All will be fine. Soon all this stress will be over and you’ll be a member of our APRC club! :slight_smile: Mine only took 10 days to approve, so I’m sure you won’t have to wait 2 months. Have a beer and relax.

Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

so here’s the direct link to the page that people seem to be quoting from

http://iff.immigration.gov.tw/enfront/life.php?id=283&tr_id=2

Last updated 27/11/2008 - so still says 7 years

Also seems to say that the marriage based visa is for a

“spouse of an ROC national who has resided in thr ROC for 5 consecutive years of at least 183 days
…[or]… for 10 years comprising 5 years of at least 183 days”

So breaks or changes in ARC should be allowed

Good luck to you all applying, I have longer to wait

[quote=“itakitez”]so here’s the direct link to the page that people seem to be quoting from

http://iff.immigration.gov.tw/enfront/life.php?id=283&tr_id=2

Last updated 27/11/2008 - so still says 7 years[/quote]Law was changed. [color=#FF0000]It’s 5 years[/color] for both JFRV marriage ARC and employment based ARC applicants to apply for the APRC.

:slight_smile: I still love how we have to provide a criminal background check for the past 5 years from our home country when we were supposed to have been in Taiwan for the past 5 years. Shouldn’t our passport be enough proof?

I guess they think we must go on some crazy crime sprees when we go back home to make up for all that good behaviour and restraint we showed while living in Taiwan.

I never got those tax certificates (only a receipt that I applied for my taxes).
Should you get it automatically?
Except for one year I always managed to get a refund cheque.

[quote=“engerim”]I never got those tax certificates (only a receipt that I applied for my taxes).
Except for one year I always managed to get a refund cheque.[/quote]

Nope, you have to ask for it.

However, it is no longer necessary for APRC. Please look for my post on this issue - now you only lneed salary/income certification. They finally linked up with the Tax people, so if there is any trouble, they can spot it fast. :smiley:

EDIR
See viewtopic.php?f=67&t=80053&hilit=APRC&start=60 for complete updated list, page 7

I think they give it automatically now anyway. I filed my 2008 taxes crazy late (like Feb 2010) and when I did she gave me the certificate. I told her I’d be apply for my APRC in June of this year and would I have to wait a few months to get the proof I need. She said I’d get the certificate the same day I filed my taxes and that’s all I needed.

[quote=“Icon”][quote=“engerim”]I never got those tax certificates (only a receipt that I applied for my taxes).
Except for one year I always managed to get a refund cheque.[/quote]

Nope, you have to ask for it.

However, it is no longer necessary for APRC. Please look for my post on this issue - now you only lneed salary/income certification. They finally linked up with the Tax people, so if there is any trouble, they can spot it fast. :smiley:

EDIR
See viewtopic.php?f=67&t=80053&hilit=APRC&start=60 for complete updated list, page 7[/quote]

Thanks. I think I might ask for it every time now.
Its always a good thing to have your tax records clear.

today NIA called my wife (why not me??) and told that i need to do test for parasites (sample no. 2). That’s really strange because when i went to RenAi Hospital and did health check, they removed option of stool check. I’ve explicitly asked do i really no need this check because in APRC requirements there is explicit clause about parasite check. They said “No. People from my country don’t need this check”.
So, i’m confusing now.
I remember, i’ve saw somebody mentioned about such issue in some topic but can not find where it was and how it has been solved.

Nevermind what the hospital says, the stool sample thing is required by the NIA and is part of the “Type B” medical exam.

[quote=“tairus”]today NIA called my wife (why not me??) and told that I need to do test for parasites (sample no. 2). That’s really strange because when I went to Ren’ai Hospital and did health check, they removed option of stool check. I’ve explicitly asked do i really no need this check because in APRC requirements there is explicit clause about parasite check. They said “No. People from my country don’t need this check”.
So, I’m confusing now.
I remember, I’ve saw somebody mentioned about such issue in some topic but can not find where it was and how it has been solved.[/quote]

They played this on me, too, even though I called the NIA in front of them and got them to talk to them. THEY -Mackay Hospital- told NIA I did not need it. Then, two hours later, they called me again, said their supervisor said my country was “on the list to have it done”.

In the form,. they have this “Northern Hemisphere” list where the parasites they are checking for apparently do not exist -beats me. So, like Japan and US and Northern Europe people are not to be tested for this.

However, funny thing, last time I checked my geography, Central America and Mexico are in teh Northern Hemisphere, so I gues sthey mean North America … which still leaves Mexico out… whatever.

Hence, my friend, if you did not produce the sample, do go and let them have it… literally. Type B test explicitly says YOU need to have their confirmation. Nevermind if you’ve lived here in Taiwan over 7 years and have never left. Parasites read passposrts, according to them. :raspberry:

I’ve been meaning to get a nice Earth model for their perusal. And asking my doc bro about parasite population distribution.

So north americans DON’T have to do the stool test?

Dunno. NIA says yes, hospitals say no, beats me. :loco:

EDIT ps.
The test had a list, but I have the copies at teh office, so I’ll get back to u on Monday… REMIND ME.