New iPod shuffle

Has anyone checked out the latest ipod? I’m so glad I’ve waited this long. Any know when it’ll arrive in Taiwan? http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71801/wo/Xi4AO9Njglfo2vxUCQ51Bx2kxA7/0.0.0.11.1.0.6.7.0.0.1.3.0.5.1.3.1.1.0

Isn’t it just like a normal MP3 player, but in IPOD garb?

It is a MP3 player with 500MB or 1GB flash memory, so just like any other stick like player, with the exception that it is probably capable of playing songs from the iTunes music store, but I don’t know if that one is available in Taiwan anyway. It does look nice, but I don’t think it can replace a true iPod. I am very happy with mine, carrying 20GB with me is so nice.

12 hours of battery seems a little short for a flash MP3 players, but I don’t know how that compare to other players. 22gramms are nice and light, but EUR150 for 1GB is a lot and cannot keep up with the harddisk based iPods in cents per MB comparision.

I think it’s great for ppl looking for a flash player, but the lack of screen hurts a bit if you are trying to find a particular song. If you are looking for handsfree operation (i.e. for jogging, workingout, etc.) then it is perfect. I use my ipod mini on shuffle mode most of the time anyhow. Good pricing for the amount of memory you get, not to mention compatibility with iTunes.

What I’m really excited about is this new Mac mini!

apple.com/macmini/

Now THAT thing is slick! :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of ordering the iPod shuffle and iWork when they’re released :slight_smile:

Out here in Australia everything will ship from the 29th… but I’ll be in Taiwan then so I’m hoping it’ll be available there around the same time

oops double post