New law =Counselling of spouses Philippines

After 10 months of failing to bring my wife here on ANY visa from the Philippines.
The Philippines Gov. has had enough of ill treatment of its people in any country, and in particular, here.
They have changed a rule that if any spouse marries a foreigner then they have to undergo counselling to obtain a passport or visa to leave the country.
This new law also applies to migrant workers.
Simple enough, but it depends on the country.
Here’s the rub - My missus attended a five minute talk on living in the UK , she was simply advised not to call Brits American as, rightly so, it offends !
Then she informed them that I lived in Taiwan, the seminar then changed
completely to a three hour indictment on conditions in Taiwan and they generally tried to dissuade her from attempting to enter Taiwan.
To issue the required document they insisted that I could prove that I had visited my wife in Phil. Luckily I could.
This talk is given by nuns !
They have a list of persecution on OCW’s as long as your two arms and legs.
Eventually she received the cert.
The queue at TECO will be getting smaller in Manila.

One of my expat customers had some hassles too with his wife but eventually she was able to come with their son as well.

Seems like the TECO had trouble with accepting their marriage as genuine DUH!!!

Let me know if you would like to get in touch with him to discuss how he was able to get his wife and son here. Send me a PM

Regards

We just successfully assisted a Taiwan female-Filipino male couple with their JFRV. The facts of the case leads me to reiterate some of the comments already made regarding people from the Philippines.

As they were a 2 year case of denial, the only conclusions I can arrive at are:

1. Filipinos are persona non grata in Taiwan.
  2. Paperwork, there’s not enough and you will still be denied.
  3. There’s no communication between Manila TECO and Taipei MOFA.
  4. There’s no law or regulations governing relations between TECO and MOFA. Each are independent silos.
  5. There’s no satisfying one set of rules and regulations. Hence you’ll never be finished trying to sort out the paperwork (see 2).

Good luck.

A shocking state of affairs. There are 137,000 Vietnamese bride slaves here, Christ only knows how many from China (well, around 90,000) and on this website we’ve had two Brits who can’t bring their wives into the bleeding country because of Taiwanese government racism and snobbery. Ordinary Taiwanese people do not share this feeling, I am quite sure. Their response is likely to be “Why yes of course a British man with a work permit can bring his Philippine wife with him. Why not?”

Why not indeed, Taiwan “government”?

Viva la revolucion!