New London Attack

He’d served a year on remand. I think it was close to 8 total.

This is just astonishing. He was deep with this ‘Learning Together’ group. Sounds like he honeypotted then into thinking he was reformed… he even wrote them poems about opening his heart.

1 Like

One of the guys fighting off the perpetrator had also been convicted for murder. Just sayin’.

Should have done his dissertation on Taqiya. Be kind to people but recognize there is evil in the world.

1 Like

That group he was affiliated with are infamous in the UK. I saw a documentary about them before, loads of them became full on terrorists or were recruiting for ISIS.

1 Like

Some criminals are easier to rehabilitate than others.

Should have tried the Ludovico treatment.

Never trust anyone who makes a point of telling you he’s changed, he’s not like that any more.

Never trust a hippie. Sid Vicious.

Your response and this discussion is appreciated and I feel like not responding even after a little while would be rude considering the level of effort you have put into it. I’ll try keep it brief. OK I used Christianity as a bad example.

Maybe this as a better analogy: Tarantino films. People have said that as his films are violent it is influencing the shootings etc. we have seen in the States in cinemas, and tried to put some responsibility on Quentin Tarantino himself and say that if his films weren’t violent then they wouldn’t happen.

In my view I’d never put responsibility on Tarantino. It’s a film. If individuals interpret it one way and then go off and do bad things based on it, then they are solely responsible in my opinion. Same goes with Islam. The problem is how people are interpreting it, not the thing itself.

But respectfully, this argument goes way beyond my debating ability to start and my level of knowledge of Islam and is a much bigger thing than me, so I’m gonna sit back down :slight_smile:

As for you visiting Paris, I can’t give a recommendation one way or another to be honest. Obviously the city is probably on a very high alert now, but attacks can still happen. There’s quite a lot of anxiety in cities when stuff like this happens, even in a different city, so this will also have an impact on the atmosphere of the place if you do decide to go. I went to Brussels not long after the airport attack, some kids stamped on a plastic bottle in the city centre and everyone around me ducked for cover. It was very sad.

Cheers

If people are using a religious identity to justify their evil deeds, then the religious identity has a problem. The obvious response is to disown these people.

And try to do it plausibly. It’s not enough to say “we’re not all like that.” It’s not enough to say “we deplore those horrible, horrible acts!” It’s not enough to say anything, because talk is cheap. They need to disown these people in a material way. Kick them out of the worship services, for starters. Rat them out to the police. Refuse to do business with them. Shun them. All the stuff that costs them some effort or risk. Substance.

Don’t just disown the acts and apologize for the perps. Disown the perps and apologize for nothing.

3 Likes

I was tempted to agree then I remembered you also made this comment. You my friend harbor a deep ethnocultural prejudice.

Quran is not in chronological order and the original order is mostly lost. The reason is actually quite interesting. Uthman the caliph decided chronological order is stupid and that instead they should write it from longest to shortest, lol. Here’s the kicker:
"Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied and ordered that all the other Quranic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. "
A true believer he was.

Give me some things the west really needs from Arab and African nations, I can’t think of anything.

IDK, it seems to me 1 books says it’s direct words of the final prophet and needs to be followed or be punished. Another is a form of entertainment.

4 Likes

Turns out it was a Polish chef that was the guy fighting to the death with him until cops arrived.

Well, I love kebabs! :drooling_face:

(To be honest, I don’t think this is the route you want to go. Yes, most terrorists today are from Arabian and African nations (the ones that aren’t rightwing nationalists at least), but that’s still just a very small percentage of the population. Their community has a lot of important culture to share and offer. And we cannot blame people like this Jewish man 'extremely grateful' after Muslim woman confronted thug unleashing anti-semitic abuse | Daily Mail Online
for the horrific actions of some of their members from said community)

2 Likes

Kind of interesting that the previous person to be a hero for this was “The Lion of Millwall” a football hooligan and this time a convicted murderer. Maybe can form some sort of militia of ex cons and hooligans to patrol famous London bridges :face_with_monocle: They seem to appear faster than the police. The terrorist thought he had targeted a weak spot but guess he didn’t realise there was some sort of rehabilitation for murderers convention going on.
What’s the fascination with London bridges these Jihadis have ?

Then how did they end up in jail?

1 Like

No excuses. They need to police their own.

Platitudes aren’t going to fix anything.

Pakistani a safe place female solo travel?

Were any female tourists groped and/or raped and/or killed during those protests?
If not, I’ll have to unleash the gif of the cat giving you the ultimate checkm8!