New London Attack

At this point it appears that he was released early while the police knew he remained a risk.

That is a massive system failure.

We are too nice to these people.

It looks like I may be being unfair on the Parole Board. It appears that early release is inevitable if offenders behave themselves in prison. That’s why the guy was released early only to be followed by armed plainclothes police who could do nothing but wait for him to stab someone.

Nuts

If he’d been released later he would have gone stabby later.

The guy was just sane enough to behave nicely in prison. That makes him more evil than crazy.

1 Like

Terrorists have very strong beliefs and are certain in their righteousness, but I’m not sure if I would classify that as mental illness.

I’d be interested to see whether this guy had some kind of counsellor who was trying to deradicalise him while inside. I think there are some well-meaning but highly misguided people who want to be the first to deradicalise these guys. Possibly influencing early release decisions.

1 Like

The good news is that he is dead. I

2 Likes

He’s now no longer an issue to be dealt with.

1 Like

One more down, how many to go?

1 Like

Well many of the British Isis were killed in Iraq and Syria. Sucked in like wasps to sugar.
Just keep killing them.

Sometimes that approach works, sometimes it doesn’t. You need to kill them faster than they reproduce, or you’re wasting time.

I once a killed a swarm of yellowjackets that followed me home by turning on a halogen lamp. I was never in serious danger from them, though.

I don’t blame the sins of the father, but I see your logic.

Jihadis see it as a sign of weakness, something to exploit.

Full props to the London police. They’ve shown no hesitation to shoot these yayhoos on the spot.

I think that bodes well for the future safety of Britons, something I can’t say about the current attempts to rehabilitate them.

1 Like

Set the asshole loose, then follow him and shoot him as soon as he actually hurts somebody. No one person could be crazy enough to come up with this strategy. It takes a government.

But it sort of works, if you can accept the occasional random innocent getting knifed. The utilitarian calculus here is… interesting to contemplate.

1 Like