New project

I have a new project to build, used and NOS parts. Interesting frame, half aluminium half carbon fibre.
Tubing from USA built in Italy, used in France as a display bike for MBK then shipped to Germany used maybe? Then shipped to U.K. my son obtained and shipped to me in Taiwan.
The start:

7 Likes

I have a problem with new project.
Campagnolo rims/hubs are pre 2000. Rear wheel came with campy freehub 9sp but my campy 11sp cassette fits ok, now is the problem. Pre 2000 freehubs have a 26mm lock ring thread. Post 2000 are 27mm that cassette came with. Sourcing 26mm is not easy tho I can buy one eBay Italy for 2600ntd inc shipping!! More than I paid for cassette!
I did buy a aftermarket new free hub 27mm on Shopee that at first seemed fine, however not to be! Manufactured for a more modern hub with sealed bearing units, mine are free in race, new freehub slightly to deep and pressing on bearings.
Replacement freehub lots on the market but not for the aged rims.

Any how asking all you lovely cyclists on Forumosa help me source the campagnolo elusive 26mm cassette lock ring in Taiwan.

This is, or at least was, the distributor/service center of Campy in Taiwan. It doesn’t mean they’ll have what you need (probably not) but it may worth to try and contact them.

PRIMATEK

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try them.

1 Like

No luck with Primatek, thanks for the link.
Managed to win bid on eBay US have one coming for 772ntd inc shipping :blush: not guaranteed correct one could be 27mm but photo suggest otherwise.

Been out for test ride, New out the box campagnolo controllers, brakes, rear derailleur.Giant PA-2 rear rim, Shimano 11sp cassette, Shimano front derailleur.
All working seamlessly, frame perfect size for me.
Can’t go back to manual mechanical controllers hate them. Don’t like campagnolo (centaur 105 equivalent apparently), had to use shimano front derailleur as campy one was shit. Shimano engineering far superior to modern day campy.
Decided I shall modify frame for Shimano Di2 put all the Campagnolo shite on old cromo frame not good enough for modern cycling.

1 Like