New restaurant wants to know your favorite dishes

New restaurant opening in Taipei. What would you like to see on the menu? What do you think would be a fair price to pay for that dish? Let me know, you might see your favorite dish on our menu. Thanks, more news soon.

Biscuits and gravy. Two biscuits with gravy on the side in a bowl. 75 dollars. Make it so.

What type of cuisine will this restaurant serve? I’m partial to gnocchi, but that might not sit well on a Chinese menu. :loco:

Hungarian Goulash. $250NT
Gnosh Vindaloo (Spicy mutton curry) $250NT
Perogis $200NT
Casseroles $150NT
Sloppy Joes $150NT
Spaghetti & Meatballs $200NT

[quote=“Maoman”]Hungarian Goulash. $250NT
Gnosh Vindaloo (Spicy mutton curry) $250NT
Perogis $200NT
Casseroles $150NT
Sloppy Joes $150NT
Spaghetti & Meatballs $200NT[/quote]

Lobster Mornay
Beef Wellington
Chicken Cordon Blue
Steak Diane
Filet Steak with proper green pepper whiskey & cream sauce
Cream Brulee
Black Forest Cake
Christmas Pudding with Brandy Butter Sauce
Steamed vegies and a cheese sauce
Pumkin Pie
Onion Soup

Gyros NT$150
Fried crickets NT$35

Eggs, bacon, sausage and spam. $NT100
A piece of rat tart with not too much spam in it. NT$50

Roast beef on Weck with horseradish NT 150
french toast NT 80
potatoe noodles with kraut NT170
stir fried cockroaches with basil NT 40

Pho soup, preferably the tai, nam, gao, gon sach version. - NT$100 per Xe lua (big bowl)

Viet Namese soup. I can teach you to make it, but it’s gonna cost ya’. Pho is easy to make…Good Pho is an art. I make good Pho.

If you can make this soup, you will become famous in Taiwan. It is everything soup should be - delicious, clean tasting and fragrant.

Goi cuon is another VN dish that should be on your menu.

…by the way…its pronounced…fa…short ‘a.’

No it isn’t. I studied one year at Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnamese and the pronunciation is “fuh” with what would be similar to the third tone in Mandarin. It would be the “uh” sound in "u"tter nonsense.

Give me a good American breakfast for NT$150-NT$200.

Well, what kind of restaurant do you have in mind? It would help if you give us an idea…like Japanese? Or pub food? Or tapas? What?

No it isn’t. I studied one year at Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnamese[/quote]
This explains a lot, comrade Wolf. :fume:

Just a thought but how can u open up a new restaurant w/out knowing what you’re going to serve? How about just having a dish or two that’s really good so people will actually go there to eat. Doesn’t that make more sense or is that not how the industry works. Good luck

I also minored in “333” and “BGI” if that helps.

No it isn’t. I studied one year at Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnamese and the pronunciation is “fuh” with what would be similar to the third tone in Mandarin. It would be the “uh” sound in "u"tter nonsense.

Give me a good American breakfast for NT$150-NT$200.[/quote]

Dang…I guess for 33 yrs I’ve been ordering the wrong nuc lao…Viet pronounciations can vary from north to south and east to west.

However you wish to say it, well made pho is good eatin’. Bun bo Hue’ would also go well here with its spicy tang.

Nothing wrong with a “good American breakfast” at all.

I have been trying to persuade a buddy in so cali to open a Vietnamese place here in Tainan. He had a very successful one in Ohio and I think he would do excellent business here with a good soup & noodle shop.

However his wife, who is Taiwanese, refusesd to consider moving back to Taiwan to open a restaurant. She’s a '‘Princess.’

TainanCowboy wrote:

There isn’t much “east and west” to consider, but the other part is certainly true.
So to make it up to you, get off at the (芝山站) Zhishan MRT stop and ask where the Vietnamese restaruant is. It’s about a five minute walk (north on the east side of the MRT track) and you will find that it is more a “pho” shop/chatting place for Vietnamese than anything else. You can even get the right bread and they will, if I recall, make you a real “ban mi” like from the carts. They also sell Saigon Beer for about NT$30 a bottle.
Oh, but you’re in Tainan…