New Zealand university alumni

Just thought since there’s a few kiwis about here I’d post this, in case there’s anyone who’d be keen on this but doesn’t get NZCIO news.

[quote]A warm g’day and kia ora from the New Zealand Commerce and Industry Office (NZCIO) in Taipei. We’re keen to get in touch with all alumni of New Zealand universities, polytechnics and other institutions resident in Taiwan. In addition to contacts you may have with your own university, we’d like to help you keep in touch with New Zealand and New Zealanders.

Alumni BBQ

NZCIO is planning an inaugural alumni event - a BBQ - in Taipei on the evening of Friday 21 October. If you’re a hankering for some genuine Kiwi BBQ tucker - and some genuine Kiwi company - we can guarantee both - all in the heart of Taipei and in a leafy garden setting. For more information contact NZCIO (joyce.hu@mfat.govt.nz).

An Alumni Network?

In the interim, we’d like to hear your views about establishing a New Zealand alumni network in Taiwan. We’d welcome your thoughts on its usefulness, how it might work, what sort of events would be of interest and - importantly - would you like to be involved? You are welcome to share your views with our alumni coordinator: joyce.hu@mfat.govt.nz.
[/quote]
Normally I wouldn’t give this a second look, but a full-on Kiwi BBQ? I am there.

Are non-Kiwis who have an abiding interest in kakopos and keas and other birds beginning with ‘k’ allowed?

make it a hangi and i’ll turn up…i would have absolutely no interest in meeting alumni…but then i went to vic so it’s not surprising…

I once had a bird named Kirsten in the storeroom of our restaurant. She was from Auckland or Wellington or Christchurch or Dunedin or someplace like that.

what about completely uneducated Kiwis?

Edit: I see[quote] other institutions [/quote] so I guess that includes mental institutions.

[quote=“Truant”]what about completely uneducated Kiwis?

Edit: I see[quote] other institutions [/quote] so I guess that includes mental institutions.[/quote]

i guess that includes alumni of penal institutions too then…

Erh, you mean Australians?

That’s nice of youse.

HG

Erh, you mean Australians?

That’s nice of youse.

HG[/quote]

don’t think we’d stoop that low…