New Zealandish?

Yeah. It’s called Taiwan! :slight_smile:

thats what the school of thought is these days with new evidence. That instead of the Taiwan Abos coming from POlynesia, they are in fact the ORGINS of the polynesians. Much older artifacts unearthed on taiwan then other polynesian places it seems

pnas.org/cgi/reprint/97/15/8225.pdf

biologynews.net/archives/200 … anese.html

sciencemag.org/cgi/content/s … /5509/1735

we ahem dont say “abo” anymore (at least not when anyone’s listening to paraphase monty python)

So why are people from Holland, or The Netherlands, called Dutch?

Many years ago, the columnist Keith Waterhouse coined the term “Ukkish” (as opposed to British) in a satirical piece about class differences. For example, a fried breakfast is British, whereas arfternoon tea is Ukkish. And there are two pronunciations of the word “scone”, one British and one Ukkish.

It rhymes with stone, bone, alone and cone. There is no example in the English language of a word ending with ‘one’ rhyming with ‘Ron’. Absolutely none.

1 Like

Erm, when I say it, it rhymes with “Ron”. I suspect I’m not the only one.

Yes there is. Scone. Also pronounced “scoone” if you’re referring to the place.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
scone /skoʊn, skɒn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[skohn, skon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. a small, light, biscuitlike quick bread made of oatmeal, wheat flour, barley meal, or the like.
  2. biscuit (def. 1).

That actually doesn’t answer the question. It would mean Shane Warne is Australian, but Richie McCaw is “New Zealand.”

There’s no standard for it because all possible variants sound awkward, but New Zealandish is technically correct. If people can say Luxembourgish, they can say New Zealandish.

… why would people reply to a topic that’s been dead for more than a decade?

And it’s Kiwi.

Its Kiwi legend, nothing else will do. 148 test matches, 110 as captain. Pure bloody legend mate.

New Zealander?

Sheeplover

1 Like

[/end thread]

why would people reply to a topic that’s been dead for more than a decade?

Because when you Google “New Zealandish” or “New Zealish,” this forum comes up. Why I don’t know; you people don’t seem to be experts on anything in particular.

howdareyou

1 Like

How about by analogy?

England, English
New Zealand, New Zealish

Scotland, Scottish
Finland, Finnish
New Zealand, New Zeaaish

Swaziland, Swazi
Zululand, Zulu
New Zealand, New Zea

Meaning no harm with Abo
It’s just because aborigine is hard to spell and I probably got it wrong here too

How about Zealous or Zeelander?