Newcomer to Taipei

Guys/girls, I going to live in Taipei for about 4-6 months from May onwards, need to be in the area close to the business and entertainment areas read couple of Guides they suggest “C’h’unghsiao (Zhongxiao) East” and “Jenai Road” areas. Any tips, suggestions on accomodation, transport, budget etc, please.

I live right off of Zhongxiao East road… I have been here since January and not a bad area… Plenty of Night life within walking distance… Before I got married I would go out almost everynight walking and end up at some different club, lounge, bar, etc… I live within easy walking distance of Warner Village and Living Mall so I can always finds something to do.

As for transportation, you will have easy access to MRT so that is not a problem and depending on your budget the rent is not bad. I pay 27000 NT for a two bedroom apartment that is nice compared to many other apartments I have visited…

Sad though, I am moving on May 5 to another apartment my wifes parents got us of Shidah Rd. I really like it here, but cannot turn down a free place…
Good luck