Next laptop ideas

That is the plan.

Yay, okay, so I have a buying problem :confused:

So what happens to all your old laptops? They just go right in the trash?

Wipe and recycle. Or give it to someone who probably couldn’t afford a laptop like that even if it’s 3-4 years old. Lots of struggling students who don’t even have 1.

I was looking at the same laptop. Reviews are really positive except that the fan shoots straight towards the back and the screen completely blocks the fan if you open the lid all the way. This is only a problem if you are gaming, or otherwise using a lot of computing power, though.
I will go for either a Surface or the lower end Vivobook with the Ryzen processors that are coming out next month.

1 Like

i was going to buy that same zenbook, but i got a vivobook instead. decently cheaper and similar specs(in the shop they gave me the option to boost them from what was advertised). the worst point is the screen, im a designer so the colours are a bit cack sometimes. the zenbook clearly has a better screen. its not a deal breaker though. besides the screen its an awesome laptop, by far the best one i’ve had. i would totally get a small vivobook if i wanted a smaller laptop.

i use my new one for work, and my 7 yr old one for watching youtube, torrents, surfing the net and general timewasting

don’t macs have the same problem as iphones with getting slower over time? my gfs one is a tortoise right now while my 7 year old toshiba works fine (after being reset)

HP Spectre x360
@Andrew0409 Look into it.
I have one and love it.
Does everything you want it to do and more.

1 Like

:raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I really like my Lenovo Thinkpad e595 Ryzen 7. I paid around $650 USD and then upgraded the Ram to 16GB and a 2nd Crucial 500gb SSD for an additional $100. Thinkpad e595 came with one open memory slot and 2nd HD open slot. Factory came w/ a 256 NVMe SSD. So its super fast. I personally love Ryzen 7 for multi tasking w/ multi apps open at sametime but you can get the i7 equivalent e590 but its a bit more expensive.

When I see “Thinkpad” I think “humongous corporate-issued heavy bastard with a nipple mouse.”

So I have to ask: is it heavy?

1 Like

Its not at all heavy but then again, its not light like a Macbook Air. It does have a nipple doe and I finger the s#it out of it.

Hold on is this NC17+ forum or do i have to use innuendo like your handle suggests?

What? There’s nothing suggestive about my name.

Anyway, we had a joke thread a little while back entitled “intermittent fisting” so while I wouldn’t go overboard with the adult content some filth is acceptable enough if you’re actually funny about it.

LOL, i just googled “intermittent fisting” and its hilarious!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

It looks amazing and it’s everything I want…but it’s 4.81 pounds (2.18kg) :scream:

The 13in is lighter but it’s too small imo. 14 is the lowest I feel ok with while being productive. I’m tall with long arms, so I usually have to put the laptop farther away to use comfortably. Small screens definitely suck for that.

I do love the idea of a webcam kill switch though.

I agree with a lot of what’s going on (earlier) in this thread. I was always a PC user until my previous job bought me a Macbook Air and I used it much more than my desktop at home. MS office was for sure, much better on PC than it was on Mac.

Now that I do not have a Mac, I am also looking for a nice laptop to bring around with me on the go. I’ve asked around and Microsoft Surface Pro is hard to beat. You can go one up with the Surface Laptop if you need a bit more power and a bigger screen, but Surface Pro does what I need it to do. I believe it’s up to Intel 10th gen processor now.

1 Like

It looks pretty good. Although battery life could be better. I think only 5-6 hours. I get they had to sacrifice for being light weight. But I’d like to see at least 8 hours.

The thunderbolt ports you got on each side of the computer supports usb-c, so you can just plug a usb cable in one of those…

Does it come with a USB cable?

You mean if the computer itself comes with a extra usb-c cable for you to use? No, when you get the parcel inside is just the computer, some manual, charger and a thunderbolt cable (just bought a new one 2 weeks or so ago)

But, the cable is normally provided by the device you want to plug in.