Nice hotel for a few days in Taipei?

Hi guys. It looks like I will be transferring to Taichung from Taoyuan in early February. I have some business that keeps me in Taoyuan for another week (unfortunately) but after that, I’d like to spend a few nice days in Taipei. Can anyone suggest a good hotel for a 3 night rest in an interesting area? I will do a few general things, but the aim is to actually relax and rejuvenate without breaking the bank. Any suggestions?

Should be:

1. Affordable but comfortable: say 2-3000 NTD
  2. Have a restaurant AND be near good food places
  3. Hopefully speak a bit of English and not be spooked by a foreigner
  4. Have good standars.

That’s it really.

Thanks for any ideas.

P.S. It is freezing in Taoyuan so heating would be useful if Taipei is also cold.

My wife just stayed a night with some friends in Aloft by Marriott or something like that. Seems like she was positively surprised

I suggest CityInn Hotel Plus Fuxing N. Rd https://goo.gl/maps/WSwQkW2HQtcYZesV8, it doesn’t have a restaurant, but is really close to nice ones. Their second floor is a nice lobby area and they have washer and dryers.

Hotel Royal-Nikko Taipei
No. 37-1號, Section 2, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104
+886 2 2542 3266

What is your idea of “rest” and what is “an interesting area”?

What is your idea of interesting area? Ximen is one, maybe Dadaocheng if that is your thing, Cityhall business district…

City, trees, river, nothing, something. Rest and interesting is wide-open.

Rest and rejuvenate maybe outside of central Taipei like Beitou or Wulai.

Unless you want rest and rejuvenate inside hotel, but have anything else available outside.

Thanks for suggestions. I am sure I can find something. Looks like Aloft ticks most of the boxes without being too expensive.

Last time when my friend visited Taipei, he stayed in United Hotel (four stars) and the best part he told me that they offer free cancellation service. Check out this relevant source to look for more affordable hotels in Taipei.

Why are you hiding Agoda in a mysterious link? I think we all know what Agoda is…

1 Like

Late to the party, but this is my go-to hotel in Taipei.

https://www.huashandin.com.tw/

天成文旅 華山町 Hua Shan Din by Cosmos Creation
02 2351 5188

• comfortable and stylish
  • short walk to MRT and National Taipei University of Technology
  • good value
  • restaurant and bar onsite
  • great art and cute souvenirs for sale
  • staff speak English fluently
  • online reservation system is super convenient
  • responsive to cancellation requests
1 Like

Hotels in Taipei are desperate for business, so make sure to shop around for some good deals.

1 Like

People might confuse it with Adogah, though

3 Likes

https://www.guestreservations.com/hotel-sunroute-taipei/booking?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9fOA-vLK7wIVsOHACh2gFQ7REAAYASAAEgIUjPD_BwE

place could be a dump now but back in late 90s when i stayed there it was great. comes with japanese bfast in the basement japanese restaurant. simple but adequate japanese hotel chain.
good pricing too. And in good area not far from bars and that sort and walking distance to MRT.

1 Like

Great stuff, tommy.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Sunroute for a stay in early February 2021 because I had a good experience there a quarter of a century ago.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Is today International Pimp Slap Tommy Day? :thinking:

2 Likes

Every day is Pimp Slap Tommy Day, but we love him.

2 Likes

Well if it holds up to Japanese standards then it don’t matter if it’s old it could be well kept

The royal nikko Taipei is old but I would think it’s still ok

Used to go to the French restaurant on the second floor when I could afford it

I’m sure the Astoria in NYC is still ok
It’s a 100 years old

The Bangkok Oriental when I stayed there last century was very nice
I would think it still is

And as so the Atlantic in Hamburg

The one used in a 007 movie is probably still stiff upper lip