Nice places to stay near Chiayi?

Have to go to a wedding in Chiayi next weekend. Don’t want to stay there overnight, so does anyone know of any nice places within about an hour’s drive from there? Green, trails, hotsprings, that kind of thing. Money no object.

The Dubious News Source hails from those there parts. She recommends 關子嶺.

There is a mock-aboriginal village close to the reservoir, Chai-yi Farm.

It’s not bad. Good walking and a downhill grass gocart thing that is tons of fun:)

What’s the pinyin for that? The writing on my screen is so small that I can only make out the middle character. And I forgot my specs today.

isnt sun moon lake an hours drive from jia yi?

Boring. Been there too many times. Same goes for Alishan.

What’s the pinyin for that? The writing on my screen is so small that I can only make out the middle character. And I forgot my specs today.[/quote]

Guan(1) Tse(3) Ling(3)

So what’s the deal there? Any links?

[quote=“jdsmith”]There is a mock-aboriginal village close to the reservoir, Chai-yi Farm.

It’s not bad. Good walking and a downhill grass gocart thing that is tons of fun:)[/quote]

what? not even an insult for me?? xiao chi gwei! :raspberry:

Dude, I am trying to get you links, but the DNS don’t know nuthin about computers. I am trying to teach her to cut and paste, but its turning into an ordeal compounded by the lack of aircon, I am going starkers.

try this:

www.da-alishan.com.tw/justtravel/tai-lan2.htm

:frowning:

Guanziling is a good spot in the mountains with hot springs.

202.39.225.132/jsp/Eng/html/attr … sp?id=R171

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“jdsmith”]There is a mock-aboriginal village close to the reservoir, Chai-yi Farm.

It’s not bad. Good walking and a downhill grass gocart thing that is tons of fun:)[/quote]

what? not even an insult for me?? xiao chi gwei! :raspberry:[/quote]
Sorry. You’re a stupidhead.

Gumper. TMI. Or else starkers means something else on your side of the pond. Thanks for the info, anyway.

Rubicon, thanks for the link.

OK, someone else mentioned a place called Meishan (not the Kaohsiung County one, a Chiayi one). Anyone heard of it?

Ahhh. Starkers as in stark raving mad. Not that other one. :wink:

Sandman,

Meishan, Ruitai Gudao, that’s where we plan to go at the moment.

photo.gigigaga.com/album/3952/

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“jdsmith”]There is a mock-aboriginal village close to the reservoir, Chai-yi Farm.

what? not even an insult for me?? xiao chi gwei! :raspberry:[/quote]

nah he saved that for me

[quote=“Rubicon Bojador”]Guanziling is a good spot in the mountains with hot springs.

202.39.225.132/jsp/Eng/html/attr … sp?id=R171[/quote]

I agree. Guanziling would be nice. Several new hotels in the area with good facilities. Can find private cabins. The spring where fire burns on water is pretty cool too.

The Toongmao Spa Resort looked pretty spiffy on the outside, but I never had a chance to look in. I’ll try to see if I can find the number of one of the hotels that I did check out. There was one really nice place set off the main road a kilometre into the hills. Very pleasant surroundings and excellent hotspring facilities.

Found it. King’s Garden, though I remember the sign in English was for a “Grand Hill Cottages.” Anyway, here is the website:

myspa.com.tw/main.htm