NK Expelled US Soldier

What do you have to do to be kicked out of NK :joy:

6 Likes

I guess he was not Dennis Rodman enough for Kim

1 Like

He wasn’t even Dresnok enough for Kim

2 Likes

I do wonder what his journey ended up being like. I think they quickly realized he had no strategic value – way too low ranking, and he was already in quite some trouble with the U.S military before defecting.

It’s like that meme where the kidnappers call the parents, looking to extort – but the parents just say nah it’s ok you can keep the kid, less trouble for us lol

5 Likes

NK “this one is just a back home loser, send him back”

1 Like

It sounds like he might have been the racist himself from the context. He apparently shouted profanity about Koreans and the Korean military while damaging property.

It’s possible NK found out what he said and didn’t like it as they too are Koreans.

3 Likes

A part of me wonders why we bother with these clowns. A ton of diplomatic capitol (and who knows what other secret deals we’ll never know about) is spent freeing these types of idiots. I wasn’t even a fan of lifting a finger to make a trade for Brittney Griner, the WNBA player who thought it was a great idea to bring weed through a Russian airport. We gave the Russkies back a notorious weapons dealer in return. But this guy who fled into North Korea? He’s another level of stupid. This is probably the first and last time in his life that he has been considered “valuable.”

I do think it’s worth negotiating for the return of captured soldiers (as Israel does sometimes) or even detained political dissidents, but the dummy civilians who stumble into a world of trouble through their unimaginable lack of common sense? There, I draw the line… especially considering the terms of the deals we draw. This guy being expelled from NK will go back to the USA and continue being a jackass who contributes nothing to society… guaranteed.

3 Likes

Yeah, the details in the article sound very similar to Dresnok’s reasons for entering NK.

I don’t know why the article used scare quotes around “illegally”. I’m no fan of their government, but all indications from the articles suggest that King didn’t enter the country legally.

Exactly the plot of O. Henry’s short story The Ransom of Red Chief, which I recently read for the first time. Maybe Travis King can hire a ghostwriter…

1 Like

I think he just wants a pay check from the “Locked up abroad” YouTube series. It’s quite an entertaining channel but as you have a low tolerance for douche bags it might not be for you. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

“He harboured ill feelings against inhuman maltreatment”

I wonder how he was treated in NK, somewhere between Rodman and Warmbier, but probably not better than in the US army.

1 Like

He’s better off in fort Leavenworth than north Korea.

I’ve read some Quora articles about fort Leavenworth, not sure it’s to be believed. But it seems military prison is better than civilian prison, and that transferring a prisoner to a federal prison is a popular punishment.

Haha… I actually like that show. I don’t have to admire these idiots to be entertained by them. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A military prison would be stocked with prisoners who still have military training and discipline and they’d probably have less tolerance for “grab ass”, drugs, gang life, etc. Kiddie diddlers, rapists, etc. probably aren’t housed there either.

1 Like

In a disciplinary barrack you’re not going to be sitting around playing spades or watching Superbowl on Sunday.

You get up at 0500 and you got drills and stuff. You’re still expected to act like a soldier and do soldier things. This means cutting grass.

See you’re still in the military at a military prison.

Hustling is civilian prison stuff.

Basically nobody will have time to care. It ain’t fun for sure.

“Not fun” is preferable to being scared shitless you’re going to get shanked or raped.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why soldiers like disciplinary barracks more than civilian prison.

1 Like