No aliens because civilizations die off before advancing to explore the stars

Finally, someone who gets it!

If anything wipes out my species, it will be the human interwebs. :2cents:

1 Like

It’s actually smarter than we are, but I had a brain lapse.

The “why is there no aliens” trope has on one huge flaw - nobody can tell for sure that there is no aliens. The whole CETI science is incredibly young and our technical ability to detect others vs the vastness of our galaxy is minuscule. And, somehow there is a presumption that these hypothetical aliens would be transmitting detectable signals and that we’ve already looked “there”.

Then there are numerous plausible explanation for the vice versa angle, ie why we haven’t been visited or contacted yet.

It always amuses me how the Fermi Paradox is usually reported as an established scientific truth, a question which needs answering, whereas in reality it’s “just” an interesting thought exercise. The same goes for the closely related Drake’s Equation, which, while sounding rather serious, is based on several heavily conjectural factors and therefore does not really describe anything.

1 Like

This year is running on par to have much fewer UFO sightings.

MfOzZM8

1 Like

Ever try and take a picture of the moon or an object in the sky with a phone. Doesn’t really work.

Yeah but there are phone videos out there of tornados forming, meteors crashing, hell cats jumping and stealing stuff, yet day or night UFO videos have not increased.

No Big Foot either.

We have better cloaking devices nowadays. :flying_saucer: :see_no_evil: :smile:

As for Bigfoot, I think outdoorsy humans are, on average, less selfie-ish and instagrammatical, so no surprise there either.

If UFOs are intelligent they could avoid being seen or detected. But of course that means that previously they may have wanted to be seen. Or they are all just mistake identity .
But UFOs are still being seen.
For instance black triangle covert aircraft are sighted regularly but no clear photos exist.

Unless some advanced race can artificially create wormholes, there’s no way any alien civilization will live long enough to travel the thousands of light years to get to the nearest solar system with life, even if they may have the technology to do so.

It’s called time dilation (relativity), look up what happens when you travel close to the speed of light.

There’s plenty of other ways for them to survive too.

Because the moon is too small. It is a fact that there are many stars in the sky however the grand majority are minuscule in size and as such are totally maladapted to provide houses for extraterrestrials.

1 Like

It’s all about the cheese.

2 Likes

The stars you see, most of them are galaxies.

BTW, it’s the UFO aliens that think what the heck are all these strange looking creatures (humans) doing on our planet.

Which renforces my point. If the galaxies are so minuscule in the sky, then we can difficultly to imagine the minuscule scale of the stars, and again less the size of planets that tourne about them. They must be little bigger than atoms!

1 Like

Everyone knows cloaking devices are a waste of energy and not all that necessary.
The preferred method of aliens who attend this forum is the S.E.P field. (Somebody Else’s Problem Field) Complete radio show at the Archive.

1 Like

Not necessarily. You are assuming that the civilizations started around the same time but that is rather unlikely. We could easily miss their radio signals simply because they were millions of years before us and the radio signals have long since died.

There would be an effectively infinite number of civilisations sending out radio signals (or some similar technology).

You’ve got my Sunday morning brain intrigued.

My theory is natural extinction. Only relatively simple creatures like cockroaches or sharks last for a long time. Even if we don’t kill ourselves, humans will become extinct eventually. Probably due to fertility issues.

And there are probably an infinite amount of bubble universes. Within those universes, there are probably billions of light years between civilizations. We’ve only been surveying the sky for less than 100 years.