No (any?) postal service to the Philippines (and some other countries)?!?

Fuk!

Nope

DHL it is, then.

Went there a week ago, said they didn’t have air cargo to Manila while lockdown is in place. Only sea cargo is available.

It’s just a question of how much you want to pay.

How about using one of the Philippine shipping agencies that the OFW (overseas foreign workers) use?

If time is not a constraint, try use sea cargo delivery method from one of many SEA stores around the island.
One particular is EEC

Easiest branch to find is the one in the Y-underground mall of Taipei Main Station.

Another is RJ mart

Sea cargo could take 1 month to 2 months to arrive safely.

Probably a little more expensive now, prices have gone up somewhat for freight.

1 Like

Thank you. The EEC at the mall at Taipei Main Station is a shorter and easier walk from the MRT than it’s store near St Chris. Same for LBC.

I’ll ask them about shipping by sea. My package is not urgent

Checked into DHL small shipment to Philippines. They will ship, under conditions below.

They said ‘No masks” without me asking, and isn’t what I want to ship anyway.

DHL Express Taiwan

• All shipments accepted at our DHL service points are subject to mandatory inspection.

• According to Taiwan Customs regulations, when you ship private shipments, please attach a copy of both sides of you R.O.C National I.D. For foreign shippers, please attach a copy of passport or Alien Resident Certificate.

Guidelines from Taiwan to Philippines (semi-translated)

1. Medicines: All medicines (prescription or non-prescription medicines; for commercial purposes / sample purposes or personal consumption) must be approved by the FDA Food and Drug Administration. Personal medicine must be accompanied by a doctor’s prescription.

2. Film NCD / DVD / VHS: Before import, if it is 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, VHS, the importer must pass the "Movie and Television Review Classification Board-MTRCB) review; if it is CDVCD / DVD, it must pass the Optical Media Board-OMB Review, if the recipient is an individual, the same should be reviewed, the number cannot exceed 12 pcs.

3. Agricultural products: import license.

4. Telephone / MODEM / mobile phone / telecommunications equipment and its components are imported into the Philippines, the recipient must be Apply for import permission before the shipment arrives. Without exceptions, failure to comply, the recipient will be fined and customs clearance will be severely delayed.

5. Chemicals: MSDS must be attached, 100% inspection, this security check will cause delay in customs clearance 3 ~ 5 days.

6. Private items: personal items or gifts are subject to customs duties and taxes, unless the value of the shipment is less than 10,000.00 Philippine pesos (about US $ 197). Goods from overseas Filipino workers (OFW) are exempt from customs duties and taxes , But the author needs to submit a photocopy, and the recipient must declare that the goods attached are only for personal use, and cannot be used for sales or commercial use.

7. Computer parts / software: the name and purpose of the parts software must be detailed, not just Write Computer parts / software, otherwise the customs will inspect the goods and cause customs clearance delay.

8. Laptop / tablet: notebook (NB) / tablet with wireless function, in addition to sending one to the private (the sender and The address of the recipient cannot be a company), and each customs of the Philippines will recognize it as a communication product. Therefore, the recipient must apply for the NTC (National Communications Commission) permission, otherwise there will be a long customs clearance delay and a fine from the customs. 9.5.7.8.8

9. Label, within 3 kg can be used as a document, more than 3 kg must be packaged.

10. Food: If it is sent to the company, you must go to the FDA (Food & Drug Administration of PH) website to register and obtain an import license, unless It is a small amount (identified by the customs) or personal use before you can apply for

11. Masks: You need to import the product registration certificate (CPR) from FDA, and you need to ask the local DHL for assistance.

12. Apply for product registration certificate (CPR) import

2 Likes

Still not possible to send a package to Hungary, tried today. And I thought everyone is re-opening in Europe.

Still not possible until June 30 …but need to wait for further notice in July

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/Group/index.jsp?ID=150101&news_no=43840&control_type=page&news_cat=4&group_name=post

1 Like

FYI, I was able to send parcels via air cargo to the Philippines with LBC.

LBC Taipei
No. 27-1號, Section 3, Zhongshan N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 10491
https://maps.app.goo.gl/A6JXRTwGwibEb74E7

4 Likes

I’m looking to send over some documents to the Philippines and here is what I’ve collected from my survey in Taipei today for a 24 page document (less than 0.5 kg) to Manila

Service Availability Cost Duration Notes
China Post :heavy_multiplication_x:
LBC :heavy_check_mark: NT$ 350 11 days Monday 11am cutoff time
EEC :heavy_check_mark: NT$ 600 3 days
DHL :heavy_check_mark: NT$ 1,635 or NT$ 720 4 Days If you go to a DHL Service Center or to certain 7-11 branches, then you can send for NT$ 720
Fedex :heavy_check_mark: NT$ 1,132 Next Day 4pm pick up cutoff
Goldstar :heavy_check_mark: NT$ 560 3 Days Ships out Tuesdays and Fridays
3 Likes

Not even EMS via post office?

They told me that they are not sending to the Philippines at the moment. When I first asked, the postal clerk didn’t seem to be aware that there might be a delay. So, I asked him to make sure mail could go there - in fact, I did ask specifically about EMS.

Ups?

The situation these days is quite different than in July. I’ve been using Goldstar lately and last week, one shipment I did actually arrived (in Makati) a day earlier than I expected.

UPS? I don’t recall ever seeing a UPS truck here.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_TW

Add the UK to the list (effective 28 December 2020):

Guy

FedEx still delivers here, as do various couriers operating from (or cooperating with) China.

UPS definitely isn’t operating in the Philippines.

Balikbayan boxes, last I heard, were still getting through via EEC and others.

1 Like