No car sharing for foreigners

Can you post some instructions on how to do that? Might be useful for future readers who come across this thread.

1 Like

I was actually in the middle of that! I made an English version of the discrimination form. However I do ask that others review it for correctness.

According to the law it should be written in Chinese. However in line with the bilingual 2030 they seem to accept complaints in English. Google translate also works well so provide a google translation of your details if you are worried it won’t be accepted.

Once filled out. Include all of your supporting documentation and mail it to the Ministry of Interior at: No.5, Xuzhou Rd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100218, Taiwan (R.O.C.) - I suggest using registered mail

If anyone sees anything wrong with the process… Please correct me as I am also new to this

3 Likes

The Gold Card Office has published an overview about which car sharing companies accept foreigners and which don’t (see the linked PDF):

3 Likes

Tried signing up for GoSmart just now and it wouldn’t let me. I scanned my ID and driver’s license – it said it didn’t pass the automated check. I filled in the info manually and hit submit and it said not available to foreigners.

I believe it specifically said the car share (hourly) program, but the app also supports daily rental and I’d assume you need to do the same verification

1 Like

They don’t offer the car sharing service to foreigners