No cars in Hualian

I want to go to Hualian.But I have no car.
I know I can rent a car there.
Has anyone rent a car there?
Has anyone who have the personal tour guide(He can drive you everywhere you want to go and show you the tourist spots) in Hualian?
I dont know if the price is reasonable .
Thanks.

You can rent cars right across the street from the train station. The price is fairly reasonable…or it was a few years back when we did it. You can also hire a taxi to drive you around the gorge. They are pretty reasonable too I recall.

Thanks for the information.
I and my friend plan to go to gorge,taxi may be a good idea for this.

taxi to taroko n back would cost 2000 bucks,if there’re only 2 of u, maybe u could get a tour agent to arrange for half d /one d tour to gorge. It used to cost around 600 per person for a half d tour, lunch included.local hotels can usually take care of these tours if u do not want to book in advance.

You can often ask the locals that speak English for a tour, if you offer them pay then there will be plenty of people that would be up for it. If you are thinking of taxi-ing around then first consider making a deal with a taxi driver for the day or for the long distance trips that you have planned. Pre arranging a fee with the driver can save you money and many taxi drivers, especially in the south are willing to work this way with the meter turned off.

I tried to ask the tour agent.But they all arrange the 2-or 3 days tour(gorge included).
But their arrangement is not good enough for us.(That’s family tour)
But I will try again.
Thanks ,anyway.

I search the taxi touring.
I find someone who can offer the service.
He can give us the recommendation where to go or eat etc.
But the expense is not cheap :stuck_out_tongue:
Since I have no car and have no the direction sense , all of your suggestions to me is a good way to try.
Thank you all! :notworthy:

I search the taxi touring.
I find someone who can offer the service.
He can give us the recommendation where to go or eat etc.
But the expense is not cheap :stuck_out_tongue:
Since I have no car and have no the direction sense , all of your suggestions to me is a good way to try.
Thank you all! :notworthy:[/quote]

I forgot to mention that taxis are not legally allowed to turn the meter off and although most wont care, don’t be offended if they refuse. We were in Taidong once and asked the owner of our guest house to give us a tour of the local mountains which he did for just 500nt for half a day (4 hours), something to bare in mind when thinking of what to offer someone. When you get there first find a helpful guide and then ask them what to offer the taxi driver before the driver turns their meter off and potentially rips you off for what would have been cheaper with the meter on. Don’t be affraid to haggle a bit with a taxi driver, but don’t expect more than a few hundred off of what might be 2 or 3 thousand nt for an entire day with the meter running.

500nt(4 hours),it is cheap.
I hope I can have a good bargain with the taxi driver.

Thanks telling me “turning off the meter” thing.

No probs