No reason needed for deportations, say police officials

No reason needed for deportations, say police officials
taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003295641

An invitation to shake downs. All kinds of bad news.

Fuck catching burglars, drug dealers, or child molesters. Let’s go after the big fish - foreigners working illegally.

Introspection is not a well-known Chinese trait.

How about going after foreign thiefs, drug dealers and child molesters? Feel better?

Is this a duplicate post?
I thought I posted a comment on this thread, or its duplicate, earlier.

Territorial sovereignty and all that. Obey the rules or pay the price.

Stop whining and read the fine print…blah blah blah…yadda yadda yadda…

TC is right. Obey the law or face the consequences. It’s the same in any country, people working illegally are deported.

Shit, there goes half the Taiwanese economy!

"the immigration office is not required to give any reason when deporting foreigners whose names are on the nation’s immigration blacklist.

Taiwan has the right to ban foreigners from entry when they are suspected of or believed to endanger national interests, public order and public security, an immigration official said yesterday."

I have to agree with TC and the above posters. I only wish the USA could learn from the fine example of the ROC, or the PRC for that matter. Why can’t we have secret no-fly lists, and not tell people they’re on the list, and not tell them why, and not even tell anyone the reasons. In fact if you ask, you’re probably guilty and should be put on the list. While we’re at it, let’s just haul people off to Guantanamo without giving any reason, and let’s keep them there for years and years without a proper trial. Yes, law and order, makes me proud to be an Amerikan. While we’re at it, let’s torture them, or better yet, “render” them to other countries like Poland and contract out the national torture program. Oh, wait, the USA is already doing all this. Well, I’m sure proud to live in a democracy. Go Amerika! Go go go! We are number one!

Banning from reentry…which is what the story is about… and that is much different than deporting. Calm down ya crazy pool of reactionaries!

Its good to see TT is coming around.
Now if the USA could only start enforcing its existing laws on illegal entry into the country. And enforcing its existing laws on employing illegal aliens.
There is always hope…and with hope and NT$55.00 I can buy a 600ml bottle of Taiwan Beer at 7/11.

Why don’t they sell 1 liter bottles of beer here?

No country enforces all of its laws all of the time with equal enthusiasm. Who was the last person in the UK to be prosecuted for not signing his driving licence? It’s a criminal offence. How many posters on this site have never broken a Taiwanese law? Illegal workers probably make it worse for those of us who play by the rules, but I bet the majority of illegal workers here are mainland Chinese or SEA citizens who are working illegally under duress from or with the “help” of the triads. Just how on earth do all these foreigners get in here to work illegally? :s

Its good to see TT is coming around.
Now if the USA could only start enforcing its existing laws on illegal entry into the country. And enforcing its existing laws on employing illegal aliens.
There is always hope…and with hope and NT$55.00 I can buy a 600ml bottle of Taiwan Beer at 7/11.

Why don’t they sell 1 liter bottles of beer here?[/quote]

What, and bankrupt the entire southern California agricultural industry? Wanna pay 15 dollars for a bottle of orange juice? Ain’t nobody want that to happen.

Right. Anyone for NT$2,000 an hour English lessons? Or US$500 blow jobs? A maid that costs US$20,000 a year? Who fancies actually having to get off his fat lazy ass and getting his life together in order to actually attract a woman to voluntarily marry him and start a family? Fuck that shit. Lo Da Ge has a shed in Xin Zhuang full of Vietnamese girls and ah think ah’ll go and uh git me one for NT$100,000.

I remember…probably Roger Pearson of Bromsgrove who was bad-mouthing my sergeant after being pulled over. He was being an offensive dick, but there was nothing to fine him for and no offence had been committed as it was just a stop check.

Until the sarg realised he hadn’t signed his licence. A file was prepared and sent to the court :laughing:

The sarg was an arse too, though.

I remember…probably Roger Pearson of Bromsgrove who was bad-mouthing my sergeant after being pulled over. He was being an offensive dick, but there was nothing to fine him for and no offence had been committed as it was just a stop check.

Until the sarg realised he hadn’t signed his licence. A file was prepared and sent to the court :laughing:

The sarg was an arse too, though.[/quote]

HAHAHA! “And [SMASH!] a defective tailight, sir”…

Committee argues over deportation procedures
taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003299967

“A legislator called for laws to be changed so officials would be required to provide the reasons for deportations, but an official said that wasn’t necessary.” One thing I don’t see being discussed is that, its necessary if they want foreigners to come here. I’m glad this is seeing the light of day. I’ll certainly advise people that this is one less right they may not have if they decide to work here. Maybe they don’t want foreigners here, its their country. I’m glad to know about this, but the current state of affairs and any future uncertainty for me makes me feel less welcome, and clearer on how and when I’d lay my escape plans. I know that in practice as an American married to a local I’d be unlikely to be deported, but out of solidarity I’m looking at Taiwan with a jaundiced eye. Watching to see how they handle this.

Is there a difference in Taiwan between not giving reasons for refusal to issue a visa, and not giving reasons a deportation? It seems to be quite common in various jurisdictions to reserve the right not to give reasons for not issuing a visa, but a deportation is usually an order that follows on from some investigation, or legal process. There must be something in Taiwan which stops the police from being able to deport people on a whim, surely?

For resident workers, students, or those on a JFRV, the least one could expect would be an immigration appeals board. That wouldn’t hurt anyone, surely?

There’s a world of difference between being denied a visa and then not getting on the plane and coming here, and getting deported once you’ve set up a life here. Unless of course you’re already here and trying to string together a series of 60 day visas, but that’s different.

IMHO the ROC has historically had more than its share of secret police activity. True, deportation is progress from being dropped out your office window or having your children murdered, but to me this sordid history is all the more reason for transparency on this issue.

Hi,

I am looking into why some of my pals were deported following a bust at springscream. I have not heard anything from the police and dont know who to contact for expmlantions about this. i dont think it is fair to discriminate against foregners. does anyone know about any legal process i can go throught to get explanations?Thanks!