Non-Bizarre Rant of the Day

Yeah the “I’m literally a fucking demigod because I had the vaccine” entitlement in society lasted about a year in the UK. There was quite a lot of unpleasantness (I ended up quitting my job because I was too open about it and falling out temporarily with a couple of friends - so much for a free society) and it put me off having the vaccine altogether. It was never mandatory in the UK but the goverment was actively encouaging peer pressure.

It seems to be in proportion with fear of catching covid, as more people get exposed to it or have the vaccine, there will be less public fear and it will subside, however for a long time I was marginalised and discriminated against (very mildly) in my workplace (in the UK) and with some close friends which upset me quite a bit. Taiwan seems to be about 18 months (anecdotally based on what I see written, no I do not have references because I’m not writing a scientific essay before anyone argues) behind on the “moving on” timeline.

My advice would be to not tell anyone your status. Medical records are about as confidential as they get for a reason.

I’m in Hungary now, flew here without any testing or mask requirement, most people don’t wear masks and there’s no social distancing anywhere, it’s pretty much normal. It’s refreshing.

I wouldn’t blame you if you did.

4 Likes