Non-native speakers work permit

Hi everyone
I’m a non-native speaker living in Taiwan and I have a work permit. I have been teaching English in Taiwan and one of the buxibans offered me a job and they are willing to help me get a work permit for teaching.
My question is : Is this actually possible ? I’ve asked some friends and they said that the law has been Changed and anyone can work as an English teacher as long as the employer is willing to apply for a work permit for you.

If you know certain information about this please answer

Thank you all

I don’t quite follow. You already have a work permit for a non-teaching job but have been teaching. You now want to legally teach. Is that correct?

I have a work permit because I’m a university student but I’m planning to stop studying at the university and get a work permit and ARC for teaching.

Which country are you from? Is English an official language there?

No it’s not.

The last time this was discussed the conclusion we reached was that anyone with a bachelor’s/associate’s plus TEFL from a country with English as an official language could get a work sponsored ARC.

You’re probably best off contacting the MOE, unless any other posters have any ideas?

The language used to teach any subjects should be an official language of the teacher to get a work permit for that.