Non-standard APRC questions

My 5 years are coming up so I’m starting to seriously research the APRC question. Couldn’t find answers to the following. I’m going to apply based on JFRV.

Basing on this document here: National Immigration Agency, R.O.C. (Taiwan) - Instructions on Document Submission by Foreigners Applying for Permanent Residency

(6) A foreigner who has legally and continuously resided in the R.O.C. (Taiwan), and who has not left the country for more than three months at a time, may be exempted from submitting a satisfactory health examination certificate and a police criminal record certificate issued by their country of origin.

I guess I have to get it because I was out for 4 months during my first year. Not really a problem as I’m going back soon but would be nice to save money on the fees if I don’t actually need it.

(1) A foreigner who has legally and continuously resided in the State for five (5) years and for more than one hundred and eighty-three (183) days each year, or a foreign national who is the spouse or child of an R.O.C. (Taiwan) national residing in the Taiwan Area with household registration, and who has legally resided in the State for ten (10) years or more, during which period they have actually resided in the State for more than one hundred and eighty-three (183) days each year for five (5) years, and who also meets the following requirements, may apply for permanent residency:

Does it refer to calendar years? I will have been here for 5 whole years in early 2023, but not 5 calendar years with 183 days each. Does this mean I have to wait until second half of 2023 to apply?

(2) Proof of financial assets or special skills and talents:
A. An applicant applies for permanent residency as the spouse of a Taiwan National, and an applicant who applies for residency under the category of the Article 31 paragraph 4 Subparagraph 1 to 5 of the Act, may submit application with one of the following documents which will be subject to consideration of the NIA in the exercise of discretion:
(a)Details of income, tax payment, financial assets and real assets in Taiwan.
(b)A statement issued by an employer to certify employment, or the applicant’s own statement in writing detailing their work content and income.
(c)Qualification certificate of/equivalent to Professional and Technical Personnel Examinations or Class B/above Qualifying Examinations issued by the R.O.C. (Taiwan) government’s competent authority.
(d) Other supporting documents that may show they have adequate means of financial support.

Can I get away with having assets outside of taiwan? I’d like to avoid selling a bunch of stocks only to have the cash show up in taiwanese bank account for a few weeks before moving it back out and repurchasing the stocks.

Thanks.

It says one of the following

Yes but it’s at their discretion, wondering if anyone else was able to use that as proof and have it accepted. Maybe they really frown upon money that’s not here, or stocks are not liquid enough to count as “adequate”.

I think you misunderstood. You only need to submit one of their requirements. Do you not have income in Taiwan?

Do you not have an employer here?

Do you not have income in Taiwan?

Almost 0

Do you not have an employer here?

No

APRC application really depends on the officer on duty. Usually only 1 person that responsible for APRC in each office.
My personal perception, New Taipei and Taoyuan tends to be more difficult than Taipei.
But, then again, you cannot choose the location of applying (as I know back then). You could only apply on where you live on.

How do you support yourself in Taiwan?

Investments abroad for the most part. Sometimes I work on some small projects for wife’s company, maybe 100,000/year. And also renting out parking spot for 4000/mo.

Do you report the income when you sell?

You will never get APRC based on these two alone.

No because it’s below the reporting limit. There’s reporting and actual tax obligation limits for foreign income, right?

Guess or experience based?

Yes, but. Reporting is how you collect proof.

Sounds weird, I’m self-reporting it and government just puts stamp on it. Doesn’t actually prove anything.

Guess I’ll leave this question open then and report back after I try next year.

You marked the rules for people who resided in tauwsn fir 10 years or more… Does that really apply for you?

Dither way, as far as I understood from other discussions and FAQs: “years” seem to refer to “if you entered on a certain date, 5 years are over on the same date 5 years later”. Example: entered on may 12th 2020, then 5 years are over on may 12th 2025.

Ask your wife’s boss to do (b).
Do you own property worth 5 million? You can also do that.