Non-University Bachelor Degrees

Can you teach English in Taiwan with a Bachelor degree that you got studied for at somewhere other than a university?

In Australia, there are a few TAFEs (government funded Technical and Further Education colleges) and private colleges that are not universities but are authorised by ASQA to award accredited 3 year Bachelor degrees (the majority of basic Bachelor degrees are 3 year degrees in Australia) and even offer a few Master degree programs. For example, Box Hill TAFE, TAFENSW, Paramount College. I’m curious to know whether such degrees would be acceptable to meet the education requirements for a work permit teaching English in Taiwan.

I consulted the Taiwan government’s online Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities at http://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/home.aspx which shows that the government funded institutes are recognised, but what if you got your degree from somewhere like Kent Institute or Campion College?

The Ministry of Education has a list of accredited universities. If yours isn’t on there then you’re out of luck. Have a read of this recent thread on the subject:

I think you will need to contact the Ministry of Education, or maybe the Taiwanese ‘embassy’ in your country.

Ah, I remember that thread. I even made a post in it. Thanks for the link!