Non white mixed race babies in Taiwan

Pattern in places like northern Canada, mountain and desert United States, outback Australia, and eastern Taiwan. Big-city folks tend to romanticise native peoples, people who live with them often have feelings against them, exacerbated by what they see as affirmative action programmes for indigenous peoples.

3 Likes

Then you should have started with this explanation. :laughing:

In your previous post, you said “not even in Taitung” so nonchalantly, and made it seem as if it was a well-known universally accepted fact that the Han people in Taitung are usually extra racist against the indigenous peoples compared to other parts of Taiwan, without the need for further explanation.

2 Likes

Funny cause she told me that in Chinese first lol

Sorry- I’ve lived in Taitung for 30 years, must have just assumed it was well-known. Happily, with the younger generation here it seems to be dying out.

2 Likes

In addition to everything that has been mentioned, I have found it an immense help for your kids to be culturally Western- music, movies, etc. I’ve been very lucky in this regard. To give a recent example, my son plays the drums, and his hero is Neil Peart from the Canadian band Rush. So in addition to some of the best drumming in rock, he’s exposed to all the great lyrics of Rush.

1 Like