Northern Style Kung Fu & Tai Qi - Taichung Area

For anyone is interested in learning Northern Style Kung Fu and/or Tai Qi (or Chinese language, culture, history, & traditional medicine) there is a teacher in the Taichung area (in the mountains near Dong Shi 東勢) who would be well worth a visit (IMHO). His name is Master Tsong-Yuan Ho (何聰源老師). He lives about 1- 1/2 hour drive from Taichung, through Dong Shi (mountain roads - nuff said). He was my teacher in the U.S. prior to his return to Taiwan in 2006. My opinion is admittedly biased but I think anyone who is serious about learning the real meaning of martial arts, having a discussion about the roots of the Chinese language or learning about traditional Chinese medicine (and their own body) would benefit from talking to Master Ho. One important note: He is a traditional Chinese teacher and he is very serious about his kung fu and tai qi. If your interested in breaking bones, crushing skulls, or generally kicking people’s ass - don’t bother. That is not what he teaches. If your looking for the quick and easy path to mastering the marial arts - stay home. However, if your serious and sincere about learning something real - send me a PM and I can put you in touch with an American friend of mine (and student of Master Ho) who lives and trains in Taichung.

Is he still in Taiwan? We’re a couple interested in serious studies of Kung Fu, Tai ji, qi gong, chinese, and I’m intrested in TCM. Looking for somewhere/somebody to study with. We just came to Taiwan. Thanks.