🇳🇴 Norway | Impressions of Norway

Had a few days away around the Bergen area. Norway seems to be quite hard to get to know, culturally. I’ve been to Sweden a lot and the attitudes appear similar, but it seems less “global”

Sweden has Abba, Volvo, Saab, Max Martin and his own singularity in the category of popular music, Spotify, Ikea, Daim bars…

Iceland has Bjork and elves.

Finland has the sauna and obsessions with sausage.

Norway has beautiful landscapes and some epic tunnels, but the economy and culture seem very local. I’m probably missing a lot. I asked a policeman his favourite thing about Norway and he just said “mountains”.

I like it :+1:t2:

1 Like

Done some further research - it’s all cross-country skiing, hiking and coffee. I’m down with the first two.

Allegedly they are pretty direct in their words, to be as efficient as possible, as rambling on is considered rude, hence the single word responses. This I also like.

I couldn’t help but smile on the plane when the flight attendant, quite a pretty mid-30s lady, was walking down the aisle flashing a smile at each seat row and uttering the word “waste” :rofl: typically a British attendant would ask “Excuse me, do you have any litter?” which, indeed and ironically, is a bit of a waste.

2 Likes