Nothing better than

[quote=“jdsmith”]Eating a bowl of Taiwanese mango that someone else peeled and sliced up.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rainbow:[/quote]

I can agree with that. Mango is a fruit made in heaven, except for those who are allergic of course…

if you’re allergic to mango, you’re probably only allergic to the sap in the skin and in the stalk (and of course the rest of the whole tree). It is a similar allergy to Rhus tree allergies, a multi-pinnate tree very common in Taiwan, and you should take great care with them. It’s a lot like latex gloves allergy too: similar chemicals are involved.

perhaps if someone peeled and sliced the mango for you, you would still be able to eat them? try under medical supervision first! it is almost criminal to have to miss out on Taiwan mangoes (especially the smaller YunLin red ones) Yum!

Thanks for the info. Me, I am not allergic to mango, or anything else for that matter (except stupid people who like to talk all the time…), but I have heard that there are people who don’t it mango because of allergic reactions, and that’s really a shame.

I love Taiwan’s fruits:

Mango
Lychee
Longyan
Guava
Papaya
“Fire Dragon” Fruit
Starfruit
Pomelo
Water Melon
Wax apple
Pineapple
Oranges
Banana
Persimmon
Apple
Pear
Peach

I like 'em all :slight_smile:

Don’t care that much for durian, though, but then, they are imported, right?

Pears. Asian pears all the way.

[quote=“merge”][quote=“jdsmith”]Lychees are the shrimp of the fruit world.Too much effort for too little reward.

And my bowl of mango was a BIG bowl![/quote]

Sorry, don’t mind it a bit - and I don’t need my momma to prepare my food for me, either :wink:

Anyway, peeling grapes and spitting out the seeds - that’s the shrimp of the fruit world.

And FURTHERMORE, eating crabs (from the ocean, not one’s pants - cheeky monkeys) in Taiwan is the shrimp of the seafood world. Enormous waste of time.

And STILL FURTHER, taking Becky White to the junior prom was the shrimp of high school puberty world. So much work, so little reward…sigh.[/quote]
Thanks for the chuckle, merge! I like the way you guys use this comparison:…shrimp of the _____ worldtoo much effort for too little reward

That’s funny! :laughing: