Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

I mean… yeah, but now we are just making up conspiracies for no reason.

Now you don’t make sense. Conspiracies don’t need a reason, that’s why they are conspiracies.

That’s just not true. Truther conspiracies exist to provide evidence of a nefarious gov’t/ ruling class. Moon landing conspiracies exist to show that the elite are pulling the wool over our eyes. Flat earther conspiracies are often religious based to show that the elite are trying to hide God’s actual creations.

What would be the reason for the Chinese gov’t to maintain a specific death rate for this virus? Especially when it’s not actually that specific and you would expect a fairly stable death rate anyway…

And no headache in the morning.

This just came through my phone…

What is it? It’s about the virus.

1 Like

The alert message this evening is referencing the cruise ship that recently docked and Taiwan passengers that were allowed to depart. And people that were somehow connected to the locations visited by the tour groups.

And here is a link to the locations.

Tour

Friday, February 7, 2020 [Warning due to Wuhan pneumonia epidemic, 6AM to 5:30 PM on January 31 If you go to the following location Tour - Google 我的地圖, please self-management to 2/14, pay attention to fever or respiratory symptoms . Outbreak Command Center 1922 7:45 PM

6 Likes

Wow … everyone who was in those locations basically any time during the day of January 31? That’s a lot of people!

EDIT: How is the situation for being tested in Taiwan? Are there enough testing kits available? I read somewhere - sorry, I forget where - that the tests take about four hours; but I’m not sure how limited the number of testing kits is here.

EDIT 2: Well this is certainly going to make a lot of people significantly more nervous … how many people pass through Taipei Main Station on a typical work day?!

2 Likes

Telling you if on Jan 31 (6AM-1730) if you visited following place, check your health (temp, ect) till Feb 14th:

Shifen Old Street
South Gate Market, (in the Daan District in Taipei City)
Dazhi Martyr’s Ancestral Hall in Taipei
Zhongshan Church, Taipei
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall in Taipei
Confucius Temple in Taipei
Liberty Square, Taipei
Ximending, Taipei
Section 4, Zhongxiao East Road, Taipei
Security Palace, Taipei
Forbidden City Museum of Taipei
Dihua Street, Taipei
Bamboo Lake, Yangmingshan, Taipei
Grand Hotel Taipei
Qingcao Lane, Xichang Street, Wanhua District in Taipei City
Taipei Longshan Temple
Taipei Station
Keelung Waimu Mountain

3 Likes

That’s A LOT of places, holy mother of God.

6 Likes

More specifically?

Does this make sense?

Mass wedding.

The whole damn city?!

I was reeeeal close to 101 that Friday before I left for Yilan…but not inside!

Luckily I didn’t touch anything while walking on Sec.4! And no one sneezed in my face!

F.

“Guys, we don’t want you to panic, everything is under control, but if on the 31st of January you’ve been anywhere within 100kms of Taipei city, please stay home until middle of February”

4 Likes

No “台北市” in memoriam scene yet?

1 Like

They’re also reporting that they took taxis. :dizzy_face: The taxis in question are being sterilized, but who knows how many people have been in them afterward.

I’m not at my pc… 8(

That’s no excuse! I thought by now you’d have your computer set up with all kinds of macros or shortcuts, and you only need to send yourself a text message to activate the image program or whatever.

1 Like

Qingcao Lane, Xichang Street, Wanhua District, Taipei City

Is there anything official on this, or is it a load of garbage someone posted online?