Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

I hope it’s only 300k. At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a cool mil. :sweat:

Dammit, @Icon you said this might be the next SARS. You didn’t warn us this would be a hundred times worse than SARS!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Clearly was not an English teacher. :kissing_heart:

So Taiwan’s cases have kept steady at 18 for like a week now. Did we dodge the bullet on this one, or might there still be a spike in the next week or two?

2 Likes

I know, right? “The End is nigh!!” for any small tropical depression headed in our general direction, any earthquake (or lack thereof) is a signal for the impending Big One, yet she clearly missed the mark on this flying aids.

Smh, she didn’t warn us and therefore she’s partially responsible.

3 Likes

Now I worry everytime I seen an @Icon post warning us about the next apocalypse.
Her Coronavirus warning was soo long before we knew it from the media. @Icon are you an insider? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I remember the post saying the next SARS was so close and all the house bubble would burst and Chinese would try to flee to Taiwan

Are the numbers in Taiwan true? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

They’re probably a little higher, but I think if they were much higher we would see new cases added by now.

I feel nauseous when I see her post in the earthquake thread about the next big one now.

Maybe she worked at the bio lab in Wuhan. :thinking: :wink:

3 Likes

The AP/NBC news is old, Taiwan local news(current local time updates) is reporting higher numbers and Japan death. https://udn.com/news/story/120936/4299961

1 Like

That’s the problem with Icon. She’s always overly cautious.

2 Likes

December 31st 2019, 6.22pm. Icon called it right. Respect where it’s due.

8 Likes

Yeah, its called “protecting Bali” - not from the virus, but from the absence of tourists and $$$ as a result. The country has been bent like a banana for decades, puts the PRC to shame in that regard.

1 Like

I have survived civil war, 3 car accidents in the old country, 3 times run over in Taiwan, several muggings and one house break in, one 8 pointer quake and countless 7 pointers, two volcanic eruptions, and assorted civil unrest. OF COURSE I am cautious!

Life throws all kinds of s*** your way. You better have paper. (as the French rap goes).

10 Likes

Have you survived a vicious Chihuahua attack, though?

7 Likes

I have been chased by many dogs in my life, but no Chihuahuas, or I wouldn´t be telling the tale!

15 Likes

Tammys friend just came back from China and is in isolation in Fairfield
Asked if she can give him a ride when he’s let out

Kinda scary because don’t know how long the incubation period really is

Just kidding :smile: I saw the Japanese looking letters underneath.

Same here

I’ve learned that it’s safe to ignore most of @icon’s Chicken Little prognostications.

1 Like

What about this one?

1 Like

Even a broken clock… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Eh it was not me! I reacted to it!!! I did not put up those videos! I am innocent!!!

1 Like