Now Americans can't go to...

Now Americans can’t go to Turkey anymore. Yes, you read that right: TURKEY.

Thank you, unpresident trump, for making the US passport less usable.

Remember when I said that a trump win would be devastating for Americans who travel internationally? Well, hate to say I told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO.

“But her emails…”

I thought it was because there was an espionage scandal.

And this hurts Turkey way more than it hurts America. Turks can’t travel to America now, either.

Add Turkey to the growing number of countries that ordinary American tourists can no longer go to, thanks to trump. North Korea, Cuba, Iran, … which country is the next target of the Republicans’ mission to devalue the US passport?

This isn’t hurting the countries; it’s hurting travelers like me.

It is any wonder I opposed trump? I KNEW this would happen. I’m going to have to become British, even though Brexit is devaluing the power of the UK passport. I was born in the UK before 1983, so theoretically I qualify.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic.

1 Like

About what? Becoming British?

No sarcasm here. I’m genuinely distressed that freedom of movement is being eroded. I’ve been planning to go to Iran and Cuba. I’ve already been to North Korea and Turkey, but there’s a lot more of Turkey I want to explore. At least Brits can go, but Brexit is robbing Brits of the right to live and work anywhere within the EU, a privilege they stupidly threw away.

The last year and a half have been a major blow to freedom, thanks to idiot voters.

What happens if, on some dementia-induced whim, the evil trumperor insults Taiwan in one of his childish tweets, and Taiwan demands all Americans leave? There goes my life.

yea the British passport isn’t much better these days thanks to brexit. that passport and the strong pound(which has been wrecked for over a year now) were like the only good things about being born British!

1 Like

That’s kinda OTT. I heard that Americans can visit Cuba, you just have to go from Canada, and North Korea … I guess different strokes for different folks. It’s such a bizarre destination anyway.

You can drop your worries about Taiwan banning Americans. Taiwan is like the least possible country that would retalite America. Trump can throw insults about Taiwan every hour on his Twitter and people would just have to live with it.

Under Obama, restrictions on Americans visiting Cuba were loosened, but trump re-instated and further tightened them in a speech he made as moronic Republicans cheered behind him. “Yay! Less freedom for us! We love trump!”

We can still go, but we can be punished if found out.

Yes, North Korea is a bizarre destination, which is why I went back in 2012.

But now it’s Turkey. Turkey, FFS: a major tourist destination and travel hub; an ordinary destination, not a backwater like Somalia or Chad. It’s an outrage. Just because of a whim of the most petty, self-absorbed and twisted-thinking dotard ever to profane the Oval Office.

1 Like

Who gives a crap about Turkey? This is considered Karma. Maybe it is time Ankara to recognize and take responsibility for the Armenia Genocide. A get rid of Erdogan.

Maybe the US could really stick it to them and they could recognize the Genocide?

2 Likes

That would be absolutely glorious.

2 Likes

I was speaking with a Turkish fellow a few months ago that said he and his nation actually consider the US a hostile nation. Which is quite odd, as an American I’ve always viewed Turkey as an old ally. Of course, he’s just one individual but this news echoes his sentiments. Along with Turkey’s actions against Kurdistan, and supporting ISIS, I’m surprised they view us as an enemy and we still think of them as an ally.

As much as I’m not a fan of Donald Trump, Erdogan is just a whole other level of awful. I’m pretty sure that this is a reaction to Turkey’s provocative action.

It’s most likely gonna return back to normal by the time you’re actually going to Turkey.

1 Like

This sounds a lot like all those:“I’m not racist, but…” statements, followed by a terribly racist follow up.

Do we have a fellow Trumpista here?

Only time will tell.

All odds are pointing to yes.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

#kinda-confirmed

Oh dear. Another soul in need of saving.

1: Denial:“TRUMP DIDN’T GET MORE VOTES THAN HER, SHE’S THE LEGITIMATE PURRSIDENT OS THE USofA”

2: Anger:“FUCK DRUMPF, HE’S JUST A FACIST MYSOGINYST RACIST WHITE SUPREMACIST, AND ALL HIS SUPPORTERS ARE LIKE HIM”

3: Bargaining:“Let me get this straight, Trump sucks, but I hope his decisions will turn out to be a net positive for the US”

4: Depression: “Yeah, this thing that Trump did was pretty good, but if Hillary/Obama 2.0 were in charge…who knows what we’re missing out…”

5: Acceptance: “Donald Trump is the true God Emperor”

It’s just a matter of time.

2 Likes

This, kids, is why you only buy your weed through reputable sources.

2 Likes

If that were a real picture, that would explain a whole lot. Actually, since it IS fake, that explains a whole lot. A blunt and a burrito, and the world is a nicer place. Colorado Chiba, or Denver Dank.

I would say that explains his supporters, but that must have been some serious bad strain.