NSR 150cc engine swap ideas

I did a search online and on forumosa and couldn’t find any relevant information to what im trying to do.

Right now I have a pretty much stock NSR 150cc.

I found this page to be helpful for upgrades
tyga-performance.com/

From what I understand ( correct me if im wrong) the stock Taiwan nsrs make 20ish hp and if you replace the head to the thai/japanese non kymco head you can get
30ish hp and maybe with pipe, reads, jetting you could get an unreliable 35-40 hp.

There was a guy that did a nsr250 to cr 500cc swap
dreamgate.ne.jp/NSR/Project% … _main.html

and it turned out to be to much power and shakey

So heres what im wanting to do ideally
Instead of paying a lot to mod the current stock 150cc just to make it more unreliable, parts including replacements are getting harder and harder to find for it

I want to hear some suggestions on a 250cc dirt bike thumper swap, something easy, reliable, 40ish hp stock and will fit the frame easily without something shakey like the above nsr500 build

I was thinking along the lines of a cr250 motor or another 250cc 2 stroke dirt bike engine that could be swapped in using the factory nsr150 engine mounts without any mods or slight cnced engine
mounts that I could get done locally.

I understand the whole safety thing so if i had to 1 time a year i could put back in the 150cc motor I really feel a 250cc swap in would be my best option for long term performance and reliability
Im also open to putting in a nsr 250 engine if the frame mounts are the same, but a newer 250cc dirt bike engine would be easier for replacement parts

suggestions?

Is money not an option here? Have you looked for the availability of these engines? I live in the south and would have about 0% chance of finding a 250 two stroke in good condition - if any. If you did find a NSR250 complete bike, sell yours and keep that.

I have a Yamaha RZR 135 two stroke. New head and engine angle mods will give a boost in power, as well as a new pipe (bigger, diff mid-angles - depending on engine mod). Upgraded front brakes, forks & lowered, suspension and clip ons. Quick, reliable (somewhat - the design of 2 strokes simply prevents this), and fun.

I see what you mean about the nsr250 being rare

Dought I will find a one to swap in, but in the states for 770usd

ebay.com/itm/2001-HONDA-CR25 … 071wt_1163

Shipping and import tax might get me though but still im looking at 700ish usd plus to fully mod out the nsr150cc motor, plus pipe

Was just thinking a stock un modded cr250 engine would be more reliable long term with the same performance gain and price

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ant+killer](Yamaha Parallel Twin?

Large 2-stroke in my local scrapyard. Probably not much use to you though, and if you actually got it operational it might well kill you, even if you aren’t a giant.

Actually I should of picked up a r1z250 for only 3000nt more then I paid for my nsr150

goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21206011731172

58000 nt and claims 45hp I did a search on parts for it and the downside seems parts are
even harder to locate then they are for the nsr

Im re thinking doing a swap or just doing pipe, jetting, air filter but not fully open type
It rains to much in Taiwan maybe an inbox type k&n allowing more airflow but keeping out water

I haven’t found any info on a correct jetting size to go with on an inbox K&N with tyga pipe

Every page only recommends 157.2 jetting but thats with the fully exposed air filter something im not going to do in Taiwan

Anyway I plan to have fun with the bike the way it is without swapping engines,
because the way simpler and easier and cost effective thing to do is just find a yamaha r1z250

might sale and uprade to the t1z250 at some point

The R1Z250 is hawt!
moto-mad.com/yamaha-r1-z-250-specs.html

There are a few on Ruten under vague titles.