Nth Korea test fires missiles- so saith the US

On CNN they are accusing Pyongyang of firing 3 missiles, one of them long range. Just curious to know if they are using the same ‘Intelligence’ source that swore black and blue that Iraq had WMD?
The US Govt says it was ‘provocative’, but I just think Kimchi Jong Il is So Ronery!
Well, I saw it on CNN so it must be 100% accurate…
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/07/04/korea.missile/index.html

In other news, the US intends to invade Italy in an act of retaliation for cheating on the football field because Georgy ‘just don’ like it’.

Japan also confirmed the missles. Every news agency is reporting this, not just CNN.

yeah but apparently it’s more fun to pretend that the US is the Great Satan. :unamused:

Thanks comrade Kim, my gold investment just made a delightful spike, now if you could only convince the US to hit Iran . . .

[quote]North Korea launched six missiles, including a long-range Taepodong 2 that apparently failed 40 seconds into its flight, and has another couple in preparation, a senior US administration official said.

The United States said it was urgently consulting other UN Security Council members after the launches, which occurred despite repeated warnings against such a move from the reclusive Stalinist country’s neighbours and Washington.[/quote]

HG

I blame 2x’s elected US President George W. Bush.

I have my tin hat on so I should be all right. I notice Bloomberg is giving the spot price of gold as a straight line in an upward direction. That’s what we like to see.

Well then, it’s not really his fault, it’s the fault of the Amerrican electorate, but I thank you all, gold is soaring up. :laughing:

More seriously, that Kim is a complete frigging loon.

HG

Here we go again:

BREAKING NEWS North Korea fires short-range missiles towards Sea of Japan, Kyodo news agency says, quoting Japanese and U.S. sources. (CNN)
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/05/25/north.korea.missile.ap/index.html

So what? There’s nothing in any agreement that says it can’t test fire missiles. It’s not the same as testing nuclear weapons. It is silly to say that they are capable of nuclear warheads; maybe they are but so is a scheduled Air Koryo flight. Any military with such systems to hand has to test them once in a while to keep things in good working order. If a missile went off in a silo, someone might get hurt. As for firing them into the sea of Japan, well, North Korea could hardly fire them in any other direction could it?

Lots of hullaballoo over nothing. Kim Jong-il is a much maligned and misunderstood man.

BroonArmageddon

[quote]Kim Jong-il is a much maligned and misunderstood man.
[/quote]
Broon of a feather?