Number one city in the world for healthcare is in Taiwan

Bit surprised to see here number one, though I always thought a lot of medical people and offices in KHH. Just need fix the fix, just arrived back from clean air Finland,
Estonia, ect…

thanks to this post, to enlight me

Numbeo is a piece of shit.

1 Like

All of those ranking sites are BS, but Numbeo is probably the worst.

Posted here earlier also:

It feels odd to be agreeing with @Gain, but I don’t see how that could be true either. Chiang Mai as #3 as well. I didn’t look into what the index is supposed to mean though.

I saw another list earlier today saying that Taiwan had two of the top ten cultural attractions in the world or something like that. #6 was CKS Memorial Hall IIRC, but the list didn’t seem plausible enough for me to bother checking what the other one was.

Edit: I guess it was this list, but I saw a different article.

1 Like

This is the correct attitude.

Taiwan has 3 hospitals in the top 100 and 9 in the top 200. The most intelligent people go to medicine, then engineering. This shouldn’t be surprising.

Actually the healthcare and crime rankings I don’t really mind, the purchasing power and pollution rankings are where the horseshit lies.

Where to start :joy:

Stats are for narratives, sadly.

Real estate ranking in price to income ratio sucks for Taiwann

Property Prices Index by Country 2023 (numbeo.com)

It should. Taiwanese are smart enough not to listen to those that think real estate isnt important. Rather, they invest a lot in real estate and as it turns out, they end up with real wealth in the future. The high prices, other than speculation, are also stabilized by people that arent in a rush and actually own land/houses and can pick their price then just wait until someone is willing to pay for it. A very good spot to be. Sucks for anyone new to the game making pennies on the dollar of course.

It all depends what criteria they use. The fact there’s almost no US cities on the list indicates cost is probably the top factor. If cost is not a factor, Boston would be #1 in the world. Health care is amazing there, but costs a fortune (like anywhere in the US).

Leeds in the UK scores high

Health Care Comparison Between Taipei, Taiwan (China) And Leeds, United Kingdom (numbeo.com)

1 Like

Pardon me for laughing so much.

Does seem interesting. Best and most cost effective are certainly distinctly different metrics.

1 Like

It is
very surprising.

Interesting somewhat to see this for Leeds, but also I saw something showing Northern England has higher living standard than London due to most of the wages going to rent thus being more happy in general .

Lol @ citing Numbeo. That site is the dumbest piece of shit ever. ACTUAL price to income ratio is like 9 for the whole country. :roll: