Nutritional Information in Chinese

I am having trouble reading the nutritional information on food labels in Taiwan. Can anyone show me which Chinese characters translate to:

Calories

Potassium

Iron

Calcium

Magnesium

Phosphorus

Zinc

Vitamin A

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B12

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Niacin

Riboflavin

Thiamin

Folate

Fiber

Carbohydrates

Sodium

Cholesterol

Fat

Protein

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

[quote=“Reaperjim”]I am having trouble reading the nutritional information on food labels in Taiwan. Can anyone show me which Chinese characters translate to:

James[/quote]

Most of us who speak Chinese probably still couldn’t answer your question without looking up half of those characters in the dictionary. If you’re going to be here for awhile, I suggest you really ought to invest in a good English-Chinese dictionary, even if you don’t intend to study Chinese. I believe every one of those words you wanted to know can be found in the better dictionaries - just avoid the cheap pocket-sized editions and you’ll be OK.

If you want one with Pinyin (highly recommended), I’ve been using the Oxford Concise English-Chinese Chinese-English Dictionary for years. I suppose it’s still being published, though I haven’t checked in awhile.

regards,
Robert

Robert…thanks for the tip.

Calories 熱量
Potassium 鉀
Iron 鐵
Calcium 鈣
Magnesium 鎂
Phosphorus 磷
Zinc 鋅
Vitamin A 維他命 A
Vitamin B6 維他命 B6
Vitamin B12 維他命 B12
Vitamin C 維他命 C
Vitamin E 維他命 E
Niacin 菸鹼素
Riboflavin (didn’t find)
Thiamin (vitamin B1) 維他命 B1
Folate 葉酸
Fiber 纖維
Carbohydrates 碳水化合物
Sodium 鈉
Cholesterol 膽固醇
Fat 脂肪
Protein 蛋白質

cool! :slight_smile: i’ve been wondering the same thing for 3 years now!

Y’know, if you’re in the 7-11 and you want to check the nutritional info, quite a lot of products have it in English too, so even if what you want to buy doesn’t, you can easily compare.

Brian

this might be a stupid question :blush: , but is there a “metric way” to list nutritional info? i’ve just noticed it always looks different than in the states, esp. when it is listed in english.

That was amazing and so helpful. Thanks and thanks again!

No problem. The label comes from the back of my can of powdered milk (Quaker brand) and most of the words you asked for were on there. It’s both in English and in Chinese. If I can find “riboflavin” I’ll post it.

Bushibanned, all the nutritional information here is posted in metric, such as a “per 100 grams” serving. gram = 公克

Taoist