NYT's best actors of the 21st Century (so far)

Ok, so it’s the NYT, pretty sure they started discussing their list by declaring they needed this quota for women and that quota for people of color and some more quota for non-American… but seriously, forgetting names like Tom Hardy or DiCaprio… these two guys have played so convincingly a greater diversity of characters than half of the people on that damn list!

1 Like

Paywall…who’s on the list?

It’s very politically correct. Lots of actors from other countries that no one’s ever heard of. No.1 is Denzel Washington.

2 Likes

How did you get past the paywall? Don’t tell me you’re a subscriber.

I’m not. Open it incognito.

1 Like

There’d better be at least 1.5 one legged dyslexic transgender people or there’ll be trouble…

2 Likes

I like Denzel, but he’s not exactly a 21st century actor. And Keanu Reeves is on the list…this must be satire.

2 Likes

How dare you. Keanu Reeves is a national treasure. He had to compete with millions of other pieces of wood to get where he is today. One of the finest wooden actors in the history of cinema.

3 Likes

Well I think the list is about actors who’s had a good run in the past 20 years. He did win one of his Oscars in 2002 and he’s still working a lot at 65.

I think that is strictly for appeasing reddit.

IKR Keanu and Kristen Stewart are the epitomes of wooden acting.

White Male Americans in popcorn movies only! (maybe the odd Brit, but they’re pretty p.c. these days)

Popcorn is a white supremacist dog whistle.

1 Like