NZ can learn from Taiwan? (What all nations can learn really)

But some people really don’t distinguish. Or they just think Taiwan is one of the dodgier Asian nations, like the Philippines.

2 Likes

Maybe, but it seems unlikely to me. The guy posted something so stupid that it had to get pulled up.

NZ first got quite few votes than that *but still only 2%

Good point, I didn’t really think about the math.

Its not just NZ, dont feel bad. There also seems to be a rral awakening when leaves their homeland for extended periods and look back. It will never be that childhood memory. All of us likely experience something similar.

1 Like

Not much better in the US either. When I told people I was headed to Taiwan, the standard answer was “I love T(h)ai food!”

2 Likes

I also love Thai food.

2 Likes

USA Immigration are not the brightest lot either. Back in 2013 when I visited Canada and the Pacific NW of the USA, I crossed the border into the USA by road near Bonners Ferry in Idaho. Immigration man saw all the ROC stamps in my Passport and started grilling me about my trips to China. I had to explain what ROC meant, even then he had to make phone calls.

1 Like

It’s a good article and even the comments are fairly well written.

1 Like

In the old days you couldn’t read your dumb neighbours comments. Now…Dumbness is out there for all to see. :grin:
I don’t think people have gotten stupider.

5 Likes

Yep, and things move on without you.
How dare things not stay the same as our memories !

1 Like

So very much true.

1 Like

most countries are very different after one is away for 30 years.

they are the same as our memories. as long as fresh input is not received.
in my mind my ex GFs are still 20s and 30s. . … im sure they are not that NOW :slight_smile:

1 Like

And…once when i returned to taiwan the taiwanese immi occifer looked at my US passport which said i was born in CHINA (It was a BIG deal then) and he said that OUT LOUD. I was like , yeah…China… Taiwan is the REPUBLIC OF CHINA yes??

What about Sweden?

I’ve been watching their channel recently. The parents of this American family decided to bring their 3 kids to live in New Zealand for a couple of years and COVID happened. They offer their view on New Zealand’s response.

1 Like

Much like ex girlfriends, when it comes to our childhood homeland, we sometimes still like to stroke it reminiscing about good times back in the day.

1 Like

What’s up with Kiwis voting down legal weed, but yes to euthanasia? Thought you guys were cool…

They have a whole distillery biz that is booming now. Once the liver diseases take out a respectable %, theyll come around :slight_smile: