Obama Fundraiser!

Please join us in support of Barack Obama as the next President of the United States.
The election is very close and even here in Taiwan, we can help make difference.
Bring your friends and family to El Gallo at No. 42, Chung Shan N. Road, Sec. 7 for dinner on Saturday, September 27 from 7 to 9 pm to hear from the Obama/Biden campaign and celebrate the upcoming election!

Giving levels -
Ø Underwriter - $25,000 NT per couple ($800US)
Ø Hosts - $15,000 NT per couple ($500US)
Ø Benefactor - $7,500 NT per couple ($250US)
Ø Ticket price - $2,500 NT per person ($80US)

The Friends of Obama in Taiwan

Hosts:
Amy and Alec Cooper
Milena and Chris Fay
Gwen and Shawn Harris
Sarah and Scott McMullin
Joan and David Pipkin
Carolina and Max Rangel
Ben and Samantha Way

Benefactors:
Gabrielle and Ken Petersen
Jack and Kitty Whiteford

Please RSVP to Amy Cooper at acooper@pstrategies.com or 0988062292

Mmm, the restaurant sounds a bit unAmerican. Is it Mexican, hopefully at least Tex-Mex? :slight_smile: McDees would be a more patriotic choice.

Something like one out of seven Americans are Hispanic, so Mexican food is now plenty patriotic! :wink:

Don’t they have to make sure that only US citizens contribute? I don’t think they’re allowed to solicit funds form non-citizens. But I imagine they thought of that anyway. I might not vote for him, but I’d rather not see 4 more years of the same. So good luck.

are non-US citizens likely to give money to cause that they have no say in? I find it hard to believe that many of the US citizens here would give a sizeable sum to the cause.

If said non-US citizen has an interest in securing contracts for something from the government, they may be tempted to try to ingratiate themselves to a prospective candidate.
Hypothetically.
Didn’t Al Gore have some problems like that? I forget.

Last year there was a case of a business man from Jersey giving to the UK Labour Party via third parties. And people in the party knew and it all came out and resignations followed. And there was someone else who wanted to be anonymous but noone had heard of him until his.

What if one candidate was more pro-Taiwan? Wouldn’t people here prefer him to win?

I seem to remember something about China trying to influence some US election years ago.

But yes, it does seem a bit odd wanting to give money to a candidate in a country you’ve left.

Why? Many people, myself included, still care about the leadership of the country of which they are citizens. I’m still affected by US travel restrictions and taxation policy, too. So I still vote, and I have contributed to this election campaign as well. :thumbsup:

Why? Many people, myself included, still care about the leadership of the country of which they are citizens. I’m still affected by US travel restrictions and taxation policy, too. So I still vote, and I have contributed to this election campaign as well. :thumbsup:[/quote]Just further confirms my opinion that you’re odd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and Mr Obama only accepts donations from individuals, not from groups, so how will this event work?

Was there ever any doubt? :moon:

And I imagine that the contributions will still be in the individual names, so I don’t think that would be a problem.

I’ll be there with my McCain stickers and a MUCH louder bullhorn than you guys have got.

Gotta stick with the kilt wearers, I guess.
So is McCain Irish or Scottish?

Gotta stick with the kilt wearers, I guess.
So is McCain Irish or Scottish?[/quote]

Hey, how about a guy named O’Bama- you can’t get much more Irish than that!