Obama's legacy will live on under Biden, Progress will continue, and the Trump presidency will be remembered as last failed grasp at denying progress

such nonsense. Not that Obama should have got it, no he shouldn’t. But the peace prize is a political statement to being with, not an award for results. His saying this is trying to paint the prize to mean something more, which it isn’t.

If Gandhi didn’t get the so called nobel peace prize, but people like Kissinger got it, I don’t feel there’s any value left to it. In any case, people like Gandhi don’t need the prize.

6 Likes

I just hope that his dimentia doesnt fast track and we see a president drooling into a cup and his servants changing his diapers while in offjce.

The scariest thing is, when.i make that statement no one is sure which candidate I am referring.to…

Time for the states to take third parties more serious!

The reason of the US being stuck in perpetual two party system isn’t because people don’t want a third party or people don’t take third parties seriously. It simply comes down to how the voting system is designed. You can’t have a functional multi-party system in a first past the post voting system. We might do better if we have proportional representation in the congress, but we don’t have that either.

The US’ voting systems are too antiquated. It is mathematically impossible for a third party to be anything more than temporary. If then a new party manages to become a major party, it would just mean it is replacing a predecessor.

In a first past the post voting system, voting for a third party running on a similar platform means splitting votes. Anyone with half a brain would realize to in order to keep the policies or ideology they most dislike away from office, they would have to suck it up and vote for the opposite party, even if there are many other policies you also don’t agree with.

Our current system is fear based and easy for demagogues to exploit. And nothing is going to change unless we change the voting system (or go over the deep end and give a demagogue absolute power).

2 Likes

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq and Syria would agree.

1 Like

Obama war maniac. Biden would continue the Neo-Con legacy.

1 Like

is shillary still relevant after getting destroyed and humiliated in 2016?

1 Like

Anyone with a brain cell knew that day that this man and the rest were idiots awarding that. Obama had just droned a wedding if I remember correctly. People thought talking differently (with a teleprompter) and looking slick would result in the USA being some Utopia and no more war.
It was, ‘meet the new boss, same as the old boss’ (pretty sure I said that here in 2008).

2 Likes

Dont disagree with any of that. But what I said stands. It is time for the states to take third parties (meaning muktiple, can be more) seriously. The system is, intentionally, retarded in a way that makes outside parties nearly impossible…they arwnt taking it serious and as such we are stuck with a couple confused old men with clear and obvious mental illnesses and cognitive issues fight for tge right to control the worlds most powerful death squad. History books and movies will be written about this.

1 Like

Not to mention Asian-Americans

64% of Asian Americans support, and 20% oppose, a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. Support for this policy is consistent across the board, including among Asian American Republicans.

https://www.apiavote.org/research/2018-asian-american-voter-survey

As the Republican Party has moved to the right, especially on issues like immigration, Asian American voters are increasingly aligning themselves with Democrats. Since 2016, Trump’s presidency has only amplified this shift, with the White House’s focus on anti-immigrant policy putting voters off even more.

Also sad asian Americans think the democrats care about us, they don’t. No one does really.

My comment is mostly about allowing illegal immigration. Like I said, I don’t have a problem with a strict and clear pathway to citizenship if we got serious about curbing all illegal immigration. Something the democrats won’t compromise counting on the latino voters. Asian Americans have low voter turnouts and are too small for anyone to pander to us.

I’m also not sure it’s useful to put asian Americans into 1 category. I suspect East and south East Asians have pretty different political leanings.

2 Likes

Did I trigger you too?

Illegal immigrants is opponent’s talk for what supporters call undocumented immigrants, so it’s exactly the same thing.

The second article talks about different levels of support among different communities. Filipinos and Vietnamese are motst favourable to Republicans, at 48%

I said I’m fine with allowing a path to citizenship if we curb more illegal immigration. These are two separate matters.

so that’s a no then

Seems like Obama also agrees with the thread title.

Yes, that is why he won re-election.
And I didn’t know that Clinton was a black man. The Dems do believe people can identify as anything they want though. Like Shaun King thinks he is a black man. And Beijing Biden thinks he is the president.

1 Like

Slowly but surely I am getting worried about you.
I don’t think Biden thinks he is the president because he knows as we all do that the current president 45 is a clown.
January 20 there will be a new president or a dictator where funny clown became a scary clown.
Most Americans won’t be laughing.

1 Like

Right… Might want to check the news and stay off twitter
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/13/politics/joe-biden-wins-georgia/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2020-11-13T19%3A35%3A13

2 Likes

I thought Beijing Biden was announced as President by your MSM and thus certified in your eyes last week.

1 Like