Objectivity and bias in media

I’m interested in the discussion of objectivity and bias in the media. This forum is in the media. This thread allows anyone to discuss objectivity and bias of anything in the media. You are smarter than me, so you know that already. No fly swat needed by you.

I’m learning new net lingo from you. Thanks!

He’s not a “WS killer”, so, no.

He’s accused of murdering two left wing protestors in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting, and traveled across state lines to offer ‘armed protection’ nobody asked him to provide.

We can mince words about the label, I guess.

Kyle Rittenhouse, out on bail, flashed white power signs at a bar, prosecutors say

In his 90-minute visit to the bar, Kyle Rittenhouse, 18, was seen consuming alcohol while being serenaded by a group of adult men who sang the Proud Boys’ anthem, according to the motion.

Prosecutors are seeking to modify the bond agreement of Kyle Rittenhouse — the teen charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer — after they said he flashed white power signs and was “loudly serenaded” the Proud Boys’ anthem at a bar.

On Wednesday, the Kenosha County District Attorney’s Office filed a motion to restrict Rittenhouse, who turned 18 earlier this month, from possessing or consuming alcohol at a bar or restaurant, displaying white power signs, and fraternizing with known members of white supremacy groups.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released from Kenosha County Jail on a $2 million bond in November, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund. The conditions of Rittenhouse’s bond currently do not restrict him from entering a bar, drinking alcohol, or making contact with white supremacist militia groups like the Proud Boys.

Kyle Rittenhouse, out on bail, flashed white power signs at a bar, prosecutors say (nbcnews.com)

You have a problem with accurate labeling. Key word there is “accused”; he has a right to a defense. His is self-defense and it seems like a good defense in this case from what I saw.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure he drove across state lines armed with AR-15s or whatever gun it was just to happen to defend himself. Happens all the time.

Well, it seems he wanted to help defend his community against burning and looting rioters.

By appointing himself law enforcement and murdering a couple protesters? That’s an interesting way to ‘defend his community’. Wait, ‘his’ community? He drove from another state. What community are you talking about? What common trait do all of them seem to share?

He’s from that area, doesn’t seem surprising to me. His defense is self-defense and it would not be murder if so, I guess that’s hard for you to grasp. As is community, I guess.

1 Like

I guess this judge must be wokey too because look, Kyle’s been banned from hanging out with White Supremacists. Must be for no reason at all, or because he’s a victim of woke media.

“According to online court records, a Wisconsin judge modified Rittenhouse’s conditions of release on Friday to note Rittenhouse “shall not knowingly have conduct with any person or group of persons known to harm, threaten, harass or menace others on the basis of their race, beliefs on the subject of religion, color, national origin, or gender.”

He is also barred from possessing and consuming alcohol and from having firearms."

Judge: Kenosha shooter can’t associate with white supremacists | KSTP.com

Poor Kyle, even his friendships are cancelled. The judge clearly made this decision for no reason at all, just to pile on poor Kyle.

I remember that, that’s not good but I wouldn’t be ready to hang him as a “WS” on that basis. I’m willing to hear more however.

Just another example of the authoritarian left deciding what is and isn’t acceptable, donate to the wrong candidate and find yourself on a list to be targeted, support the wrong cause or person that the authoritarian left have deem guilty by SJW’s find your self a target on a list and leaked by the very loud media mouthpieces.

In fact that is not enough now for the authoritarian left, “silence is violence” meaning if you are not actively supporting their woke movement you are guilty of being in opposition.

Corporations are learning from the CIA and FBI typically thought of by the left as authoritarian but now as long as they fly the rainbow flag and kneel for BLM all is forgiven, corporations will do the same and no one will care about actual multi national corporate power expansion as they work in a symbiotic relationship with the establishment politicians and MSM.

@McNulty on why we can’t listen to Glenn Greenwald in 3, 2, 1…

5 Likes

I won’t bother with that, anyone listening to him still knows exactly what they’re getting, in this case a sugary sweet defense of police state overreach.

In this case, Greenwald’s writing echoes that of the cop that donated to the white supremacist murderer Rittenhouse’s Go Fund Me page:

One donation that was intended to be made anonymously allegedly came from Sgt. William Kelly of the Norfolk (Va.) Police Department, who wrote along with his $25 Sept. 3 donation: “God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong … Every rank and file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.

Oh, why did these cops all feel like they needed to donate anonymously?

Because spineless keyboard tough guys like you are still getting back at the jocks who stuffed you in lockers your whole life by finding something to nail them to the wall with.

1 Like

I was never stuffed into a locker, and played sports my whole life. I was one of the jocks.

You’re boring.

I doubt it.

Finally some truth.

That’s cool, doubt it. I was also in sports professionally for over a decade. If you want to doubt that, put some money down.

It’s quiet in here all of a sudden.

You also claim intelligence so…

Cancel culture is nothing new. We are our own Stasi now.

2 Likes