Objectivity and bias in media

That was your brain taking a breath from all the huffing and puffing.

So, just in the past couple of days, you have told us,

you gave 100 bucks to some cause
you want to do an audit of IP to find troof
you’re too busy to post bc things to do
you were a jock
you played “pro” “sports” for ten years

Virtue signaling matched by nostalgic narcissism? Noice. I don’t think we’ve had one of those here before.

For you nostalgia:

1 Like

Wow, you really pay close attention. Getting it twisted as usual, so here Ill set you straight again:

“you gave 100 bucks to some cause”

Not some cause. Donation to the family of Daunte Wright. I provided a link for you to donate as well.

“you want to do an audit of IP to find troof”

Was mostly suggested because it would be fun, but I can see why you that would make you uncomfortable. Another spelling error?

“you’re too busy to post bc things to do”

And then I did them. You’re not really saying much here.

“you were a jock”

Kinda, yeah.

“you played “pro” “sports” for ten years”
[/quote]

That’s not what I said. Go back and check again, maybe quote me in full since you’re struggling. I’d be happy to take your money if you feel like putting a bet down and don’t believe it.

Thanks for the Boss video though, I got something out of that.

Why, I spent money at a black owned business ten minutes from my house.

I’m not the one hiding my old IDs. That would be yew.

You did. And you felt the need to tell us just how busy busy busy you are…

I don’t care to know, but that wouldn’t alter my ability to comprehend it. There are professional leagues for bowling and women’s soccer too.

Sounds like something you should talk to your wife about.

1 Like

Very good, JD! There are pro leagues for bowling and women’s soccer. Wrong sports though.

Do you think I’d marry a woman that can’t appreciate The Boss?

Dude,

1 Like

For instance, a June 2020 CNN piece — festooned with five bylines — informed us that “a US official familiar with the latest information” was certain that Trump had lied about not being “personally briefed” and claiming the intelligence “wasn’t verified.” (Trump was right.)

Outlets then amplify the scoop by closely covering the Democrats’ feigned outrage and calls for investigations. Reporters stalk Republicans down hallways and into elevators demanding they comment on the newest outrage. Favored “analysts” and “experts” put on solemn voices to bemoan the destruction of American norms. And anyone who questions the veracity of the reporting is smeared as a sap for Putin or a partisan shill. At CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, the New York Times , and the Washington Post , almost no one will show the slightest journalistic skepticism.

This is the new normal. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was not beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, former President Donald Trump did not ask Georgia’s secretary of state to “find the fraud,” an activist writing for The Atlantic did not watch as a policeman shot a child for skipping a sign-in sheet, Hunter Biden’s laptop did not come from the Kremlin, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo did not do a remotely decent or heroic job of fighting COVID in his state, to name a few.

Corporate media was eventually exposed on every one of these falsehoods, either by outside pressure or quiet alterations and “corrections,” but how many reporters or editors were actually held accountable for news cycle-dominating falsehoods? What lessons were learned if no one was held accountable? How many Americans even know these stories have been demonstrably proven false? Does anybody even care?

“An overarching media rule in many sectors of U.S. journalism,” investigative reporter Glenn Greenwald correctly observes, “is if you recklessly publish a story that maligns people hated by the outlet and its readers/viewers, and the story turns out to be false, the audience doesn’t mind, so the outlet also doesn’t.”

1 Like

Then why do you talk about it? you make things personal then complain when you get set straight

I guess it’s the same w politics. you make up some BS then people set you straight. its the pattern.

anyways best to stick to the topic

:thinking:

1 Like

?

FYI, had a great day in Kaohsiung today

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!

You seemed concerned. I haven’t been bragging about how happy I am with my situation here but since you brought it up earlier…

I actually feel completely indifferent, but if it helps boost your self esteem to share more then maybe you should start a new thread. TTs happy situation in Kaohsiung: A musical in three parts.

I think you should set it to music.

?

This is why we shouldn’t post about posters so much. Would you like to know more?

It’s not about me @TT. These sessions are about you. You’ve found happiness in Kahoshung, and that’s terrific! Good for you.

Yes, he would. He’s just too embarrassed to admit it.

1 Like

Bro, sometimes you just miss but sometimes its like

eb09fc15e0869bc7f9a25544640991f1

Well, in addition to making ourselves look like complete jackasses, it is really hard to keep the thread on topic without reaching for references to Starship Troopers.

Unless you mean more about my happiness, in which case I had a date the other night with a real cute girl. Probably too young for me, but her English is great and she’s very fun as well…

3 Likes

It’s OK to have the feelz, ya big lug. Embrace it!

Damn, that was fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes