Objectivity and bias in media

I will have nothing and be happy, even f*cking Seneca was on the WEF payroll!!!

1 Like

The love of money is the root of all evil, not money itself. Seneca was loaded.

1 Like

Twitter for the win. :banana:

When Kessler tweeted out his Soros piece, however, a new fact-checker emerged. Users of Twitter’s Community Notes quickly appended a clarification to Kessler’s tweet, adding, “Soros donated $1 million to the Color of Change PAC, the largest individual donation it received in the 2022 election cycle, days after it endorsed Bragg for district attorney and pledged more than $1 million in spending to support his candidacy.” The creation of the Community Notes system allowed verified Twitter users to add context to Kessler’s tweet, effectively fact-checking the Fact Checkers’ facts.

Kessler was not pleased. He denounced the Community Notes with the hauteur of an aristocrat dismissing the peasants. “Twitter trolls who posted a ‘community note’ to this tweet apparently have not read the actual fact check,” Kessler tweeted. A second Community Note soon appeared on that Kessler tweet as well, noting, “The original Community Note says that the Color of Change PAC pledged $1 million. Soros donated $1 million to the PAC days after it endorsed Bragg and pledged more than $1 million in spending to support his candidacy. The PAC ultimately spent $420,000.”

Fire the hacks.

1 Like

The pit stains tell the tale.

2 Likes

Reading this was about as pleasant as smacking particularly sensitive parts of my body with a horseshoe. I’d happily do that before I voted for mainstream corporate Dems at this point, which would seem to confuse the author. It was good for a few laughs though.

It’s been less than a month since Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the environmental lawyer turned anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist, announced that he would challenge President Biden for the Democratic nomination in 2024—yet already he has assembled a bizarre, crackpot coalition of fascists and anti-progressive leftists who are united in a desire to see the American system burn.

Who the hell talks like this irl? Jesus

1 Like

I’m sort of amused that the left-leaning journalists he lists as fringe anti-progressive conspiracy theorists (Max Blumenthal, Aaron Maté, Krystal Ball) are people I regularly listen to and agree with. I’ve lost track of where I even place on the political spectrum anymore.

I’m more interested in Marianne Williamson than RFK, but I’d take either over Biden.

3 Likes

It was amusing, it’s like a primer.

I’d agree with that.

1 Like

Apparently, Tucker is going to bring his show back…but this time on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1656037032538390530

2 Likes

Stay classy, BBC News…

1 Like

It was Tim Pool?

I suspect he’ll be suing the BBC.

3 Likes

It’s like logic is being watered down in real time.

2 Likes

5 Likes

How much more evidence do we need that the traditional role of media has been turned upside down?

God forbid our people should democratically choose the leader they want.

2 Likes

We the people have to up our game as well though. There are libraries. There are books. extending childhood is not an excuse. We’re slacking off, a lot of us.

3 Likes

Excellent article @jdsmith.

The US has always had partisan politics, but back when I was young, the media was mostly in the middle. If they smelled blood in the water, they would go after any individual regardless of political party.

Nowadays, it just seems like there is the media that is the mouthpiece for the right and the mouthpiece for the left. Nothing middle ground, just slanted.

5 Likes

This is no longer the case:

“The (Justice) Department and the FBI failed to uphold their important mission of strict fidelity to law,” the conclusion section of Durham’s report says. “Senior FBI personal displayed a serious lack of analytical rigor toward the information they received, especially information received from politically affiliated persons or entities

Trump was framed.

The conduct in 2016 and 2017 that Special Counsel Durham examined was the reason that current FBI leadership already implemented dozens of corrective actions, which have now been in place for some time," the statement said. "Had those reforms been in place in 2016, the missteps identified in the report could have been prevented. This report reinforces the importance of ensuring the FBI continues to do its work with the rigor, objectivity, and professionalism the American people deserve and rightly expect.”

Right, now we’re off to ignore and obstruct any look see at Hunter Biden’s massive what, totally legal tax fraud?

And NBC is fair handed.

Durham lost the only two prosecutions he brought to court. But the report released Monday appeared to be an appeal to the court of public opinion — an argument that Trump was treated unfairly by FBI officials who were too quick to unleash the bureau’s investigative powers.

Sure. But wasn’t umm wasn’t Trump actually really smeared and framed in order to sway public opinion? That argument was solid and is more so now.

How’s Devin Nunes look now? Wow.

I find this to be confirmation but the devil is in the details.

More NBC bs:

Durham’s investigation found that at the time, neither the FBI nor CIA had any intelligence suggesting an improper relationship between Trump and Russia. But it also noted that it was known by then that Russian intelligence had hacked the Democrats, and Trump had made his infamous comment publicly beseeching Russia to find emails that were missing from a server used by Clinton.

A link to Trump’s “beseeching Russia!” snark and no link to the Russians hacking the DNC?

GTFOOH

Durham secured a guilty plea from an FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, who admitted falsifying an application for a national security warrant for Page. Clinesmith got probation and his law license was suspended for a year. The FBI also overhauled the way it deals with FISA warrants

How? That’s huge. Anything like … to-report on that?

2 Likes