Office Space in Taipei vs. Kaohsiung vs. [insert city here]?

I’m looking to lease out office space in either Taipei or Kaohsiung or [insert city here] in 2021.

Are there any members here who would personally recommend a particular city or part of Taiwan for a long term office lease? Or maybe an area to avoid? I’ll be setting up a representative office there for my company and using it for my own work obviously.

I’ve been told there are number of options other then leasing? In the meantime I’m 591 seems to be a good place to get a good feel of what is out there.

Don’t go to the south unless you’re immune to air pollution.

1 Like

Taipei would be your best option for sure. Unless you’re aiming to specifically target the south for business.

Call me weird…
Try Linkou.

Formosa TV having their HQ in nearby area.

2 Likes

I’d rent a 店面 and live in it too like most Taiwan bosses, so you can expense everything through your company. They are all over the place.

1 Like

Most Taiwanese bosses I met live in apartments.

Taipei has a lack of office space. Basically companies moved on mass to China and Taiwan stopped building offices. In recent years, Taiwan economy has been doing well, foreign companies have invested in Taiwan and companies have moved back. At the moment empty office space is less than 2%.

I think if you want to rent office space, need to know what kind of business you are doing. Taipei and the surrounding area is just more international and easier to get things done, by miles.

Is @DCardinal still planning to come to Taiwan? Haven’t seen much from him for quite some time…

2 Likes

I’m still around, but decided to move to South Korea for the time being. I leave Canada in a few days on the 30th.

1 Like

Oh, good luck on the relocation!