Official PS3 Taiwan Launch Thread - November 17th!

I don’t get this - what difference does it make if you get the console now or a couple of weeks later!?

[quote=“miltownkid”]PS3 Crime sprees. Gotta love it! And I still don’t even know what games are coming out. :S

engadget.com/2006/11/16/ps3-crime-spree/[/quote]

That’s sad. Why is it that these companies create such limited consoles? Enlighten me.

The same reason someone had to be the first to get to the top of mount everest, just on a much lower scale.

I’m guessing this is a case of because they have to, not because they wanted to to make them more valuable (I don’t think that ever happens with consoles.) They just can’t get them made fast enough. Production problems.

[quote=“miltownkid”]
I’m guessing this is a case of because they have to, not because they wanted to to make them more valuable (I don’t think that ever happens with consoles.) They just can’t get them made fast enough. Production problems.[/quote]

Umm what would the production problems be? Don’t these people sit in rooms all day thinking up ways to make this stuff. Come on the Japanese aren’t known for the slack work ethics. :wink: (late edit-I was on the phone while typing the orginal post)

[quote=“BBC.co.uk”]This is not the first time the next-generation console has been hit by delays.

In March Sony were forced to postpone the original launch date, scheduled for spring 2006, because of problems with the Blu-ray disc copy protection technology.

Normally Sony staggers the release of a new console, releasing in Japan and America, with Europe coming a belated third.

The initial delays meant that Sony revised its schedule, saying that the console would be released in all three markets at the same time.

David Reeves, head of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe said at the time: “This is an exciting first for Europe, and is a huge endorsement and vote of confidence in the strength of the European market and its importance globally.”

The latest delay means that European gamers will have to wait a further 4 months to get their hands on the next generation console. [/quote]

[quote=“BBC.co.uk”]This is not the first time the next-generation console has been hit by delays.

In March Sony were forced to postpone the original launch date, scheduled for spring 2006, because of problems with the Blu-ray disc copy protection technology.

Normally Sony staggers the release of a new console, releasing in Japan and America, with Europe coming a belated third.

The initial delays meant that Sony revised its schedule, saying that the console would be released in all three markets at the same time.

David Reeves, head of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe said at the time: “This is an exciting first for Europe, and is a huge endorsement and vote of confidence in the strength of the European market and its importance globally.”

The latest delay means that European gamers will have to wait a further 4 months to get their hands on the next generation console. [/quote][/quote]

All that makes me wanna bust out this:
My first love

i checked out fnac yesterday to see if i could find one. they guy at fnac told me their stores had had run pre-orders on the 11th.

i was hoping to whore one on ebay but it looks like i missed the boat by a long way.

Hahah Joey - That was my plan too… Buy a couple, sell one on ebay which would pay for the 2nd one which I would keep.

There will still be a chance to do this however, once the stores start to receive more stock. Europeans are desperate to get an import PS3 and SONY have made it illegal for online retailers to sell to the UK etc…

Just wonder when the stores will start to receive regular supplies?

Miltownkid - The PS3 launch lineup has to be one of the shabbiest ever for a new console… Ridge Racer 7 is basically Ridge Racer 6 (out on XBOX360 for over a year now) and it doesnt even include a sexy intro video (which Ridge Racer is reknowned for…)

The only games that interest me in the launch lineup are Motostorm - an insane off road racing game with :open_mouth: graphics, and Resistance, a FPS made by the team that gave us Ratchet and Clank :slight_smile:

Im quite happy with my 360 for now, and will wait until the PS3 is available at RETAIL price (about 16k TWD). By the way, did you buy COD3 or Gears of War yet? Im going to buy a cheap 22" LCD screen when I get back to Taichung for some high def action :slight_smile: Looking forward to tackling some multiplayer online with you dude :wink:

Wonder how the Wii launch will go here?

hi guys got a question about rock band, is taiwan’s ps3 compatible with the rock band instrumental set? I heard xbox360 it wasn’t compatible. and which one is the best rock band, wii, 360 or ps3? thanks

I have only seen Rock Band on PS3 here. I am pretty sure they will be compatible. If you do decide to get it then I want to be your friend. PM me and we can start up our own band and call it Frost’s Ironfist!

lol ok

They got it for ps3 and wii, but you have to order it most of the stores don’t carry it. I got it like 4 days ago but havn’t touch it yet! I shall soon. I might sell it when I am done with it!

My PSN name is FrostfoxTW add me to your friends list.

anyone know what date/time do they have patches for ps3 games usually? is it a fixed date/time or it’s out whenever it’s out? I am waiting for tekken 6 patch…

well i don’t know about the game patch but the UI patch is on thursday.