Oh, what an adrenaline rush!

This kind of post belongs in the “What made me happy today” thread, but I know you guys in the Vroom! Vroom! forum are way too masculine to be reading those touchy-feely threads and I felt like sharing this with you :wink: Flounder me at you convenience.

Since moving to Taiwan I haven’t driven a car. It’s been four very dry months!

Yesterday I got into one again. A good one. Man! I had forgotten what a bliss it was. What an adrenaline rush… pressing the pedal and feeling those horses pull you and thrust you into the seat… perfectly timing (ha! I wish!) the gear changes to overtake… even just holding the gear stick… there’s something so empowering and erotic about it. I even indulged in bumper-squeezing slow suckers out of the fast lane :astonished: (well, they deserved it!)

I know only two things that give a better rush than that from driving.

Tomorrow I’ll be driving on the highway in Germany! :bouncy:(Some of you, I’m sure, know what that means. Don’t hate me too much when you’re stuck in the Taipei traffic :wink:)

Last time I was on the autobahn it was behind the wheel of an ancient Cinquacento with no power steering. Not a great deal of fun!

Welcome to Vroom, vroom, Tash.

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean when you say that we are not “touchy-feely” over here. How can you not feel some kind of stirrings when you read a paragraph like this?
“Use desmodromic valve operation which relies on mechanical levers to control the valves rather than springs. This allows much higher valve lift for given duration and also decreases parasitic losses in the valve train, improving midrange torque.”
:wink:

Glad you’re having fun. (Take it easy with the bumper-squeezing, though! :astonished: )

Feel free to join us here anytime!

[quote=“joesax”]Welcome to Vroom, vroom, Tash.

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean when you say that we are not “touchy-feely” over here. How can you not feel some kind of stirrings when you read a paragraph like this?
“Use desmodromic valve operation which relies on mechanical levers to control the valves rather than springs. This allows much higher valve lift for given duration and also decreases parasitic losses in the valve train, improving midrange torque.”
:wink:

Glad you’re having fun. (Take it easy with the bumper-squeezing, though! :astonished: )

Feel free to join us here anytime![/quote]

Thanks, joesax!
That quote made me warm allover :wink:

No bumper-squeezing these days. I’ve travelled back in time and now I’m driving my uncle’s 25-yearold Yugo Zastava. It even has that thing you have to pull out when you start to give it more power… what’s the name for that in English?

flashback, mom and dad got an audi and i got to be chauffeur all summer

[quote=“tash”]No bumper-squeezing these days. I’ve travelled back in time and now I’m driving my uncle’s 25-yearold Yugo Zastava. It even has that thing you have to pull out when you start to give it more power… what’s the name for that in English?[/quote]I’m glad you asked that. It’s one of the few technical engine-type things that I know the answer to. It’s the choke! It’s not really to give the engine more power, it’s to put more petrol in the petrol/air mixture when the engine is cold. If you don’t use it when the engine’s cold it will stall. I’m not sure exactly why but anyway that’s what it does. Modern cars have auto-chokes or electronic fuel injection.